Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question Dodge Charger 3 carseats in back seat?

I saw a friends/co workers new car a Dodge Charger (she got rid of her minivan) and as I was checking it out looked in the backseat...she has 3 kids...age 8 (backless booster), age 6 and only 40 pounds (backless booster) and 4 year old (Graco HBB)...so obviously her 6 year old really shouldn't be in the backless booster..ideally her 4 year old should be harnessed...but what would fit back there???? She had the HBB in the middle.

I'm not really comfortable saying too much too her as I don't know her that well but any suggestions???? She did mention to me how small her 6 year old was...she said he's maybe 40 pounds.
    Single Mom and SLP

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

Re: Dodge Charger 3 carseats in back seat?

I would complement her on having all those kids in seats, first, because obviously it's not easy to fit 3-across, and then either refer her to a local tech or to this board, because "Obviously she cares a lot about her kids' safety" and would want to double-check to make sure she's using the safest seats for her situation.
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!