WARNING: a venting complaint about retailer

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Beofre I ordered the foot rest with our RYSport I called www.recarochildseats.com & asked for clarification that the foot rest was only for the RYStart (I should've just asked Darren here, LOL) ... they said, no it can be used on the RYSport as well -- NOT!!! :eek: Silly me, I've been sooooo looking forward to having it & even built Leila's hopes up for it *UGH*

We've had the new RYSport for a week or so, but when I called the retailer asking about the foot rest, they said Recaro North America (the manufacturer) was sending it to me ... well, I just got it today & the manual clearly says it's only for the RYStart -- but, when I went to check out the RYSport thinking I might just call the manufacturer this time about whether or not the foot rest had been tested with the RYSport I realized there isn't anywhere to install the flippin' thing anyway! I'm so mad :mad:

Now, I feel like we're right back where we started -- frequent long drives during which her legs go numb & her back aches & I can't fit an empty cardboard or styrofoam box under her feet (not one that's the right size/shape) :( At least she's not getting quite as cranky because she has the head support, but for that I could've just bought the baby a Scenera & used the BLVD again *SIGH*

I could return the RYSport (not sure how to go about returning the foot rest yet, though), but Leila is really very happy to have her "head pillows" LOL, except that she complains about her legs/back still & then I'd be out even more $ on shipping -- can't afford the SafeGuard right now anyway because I have to pay back some $ to my college for having withdrawn from 1 of my classes @@ I've had her seat installed in the center with outboard LATCH (according the 2005 Ford Freestar manual), but I'm going to try her out on the passenger side instead ... hopefully, she'll be able to at least prop her feet up on the handle behind the front seat *SHRUG*

Last edited:
ADS

scatterbunny

That sucks. :( I hate it when retailers give out incorrect info.

What about blankets for a footrest? Like, a big fluffy comforter, folded up?

LuvBug

ugh! I feel your pain just reading your frustration.

Did you think about the pool noodles thing? where you take one whole noodle, them cut some half noodles and have them on a string that could be tied to the latch anchors(long string of course, and when the anchors arent occupied). I dont think this would be any sort of safety concern, but it wouldnt be very pretty to look at. It would keep her comfy on long trips though, hopefully... so maybe only 'install' it when you are going on a trip?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thank you for the creative ideas, all!!! :)

Puting her outboard didn't help -- the bench is just narrow enough that her knees bend sidewyays uncomfortably to reach the bar :eek: She would probably LOVE the pool noodles idea, LOL, but I do actually have an extra old Queen comforter that has lost much of it's stitching (as well as the fix-ups I've sewn in) ... so I'll try that for now :D (It even matches our interior *WINK*) As a very last resort I'm thinking of that Foot'Z rest thing at Target, but of course I'd rather not have any truly unnecessary added layer under the carseat!

I called www.recarochildseats.com, though -- they're sending a call tag for the foot rest & thanked me for the information @@ If only the SafeGuard had a foot rest I could use the call tag for the RYSport as well & get a refund to use towards a SafeGuard ... but, only if it came with a foot rest *SIGH*

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC