Infants & boostered kid in older Cherokee

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Anyone have tips :confused: :rolleyes: I'm supposed to be doing this check soon & am worried it's not going to work correctly, but I don't have a grant (yet) to help out with alternate seat options....

They currently have 2 Snugrides & 1 backless Turbo -- might just exchange my highback Turbo for theirs since we have vehicle headrests. But, I don't know how the Snugrides work together side by side in that vehicle (they insist on using the bases) & am hoping someone else has experienced this :)

Last edited:
ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
If there's lapbelt only in the middle, the SRs obviously have to go together. Really, of all the seats most people choose, these are probably the slimmest so should hopefully work. I would reccomend a high back though if there are no headrests. Most people that come in, already know their seats fit, they just don't have them in right. Good luck! How did things go last week?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hi Jennifer! Thanks for the response & for asking about last week.... I posted this thread over the weekend -- I had a blast & am just waiting for the final confirmation from NHTSA before I can finalize my appointment to check this family's seats :D

You're right that it's lap-only in the middle & no headrests. Their 4 yr. old DD is Leila's friend & she weights over 40# Dad is also my co-worker & I know his DD is really into Disney Princesses, so I'm hoping I can switch my SD's "old" (DOM late 2004, I think) highback Turbo for their backless version without Leila freaking out -- if she's not there & if I put the Cowmooflauge SRC in Grandpa's Highlander, LOL!

Previously, I've only played with my CarGo, Husky & Wizard in their Cherokee & am having a hard time picturing 2 infant seats with bases next to each other in it :eek: I'm also sort of nervous that my 1st official check without a supervisor is a 3 across situation with twin infants! :p They're about 6 months old now & dad describes them as "hefty" so I have a feeling I'll have to suggest Sceneras & will then start all over again....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Anyone tried the Radian in Jeep Cherokee

I wonder if the Radian FF in the middle with lap belt would be secure :confused: It's a pretty flat bench seat like the one used for testing ... right?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't know. I could maybe try AJ's Radian in DH's car when he comes home, it's lap only in the middle. I know I still have problems w/ lap/shoulder ffing though, so I'm not sure about lap only.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I would really appreciate it if you could :eek: It's a 2 hour drive for me to test one out, but Dad said they might be willing to order one if I can install it for them....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Update

Ugh! Well, it seems dad has just been sort of smiling & nodding to appease me ... they haven't removed the add on products (fine, that's the least of the problem) & I talked to mom -- she "curtly" demanded written proof about why her 4 yr. old needs a head rest *GRRRRR* Common sense isn't enough, let alone the fact that the MANUAL says it requires a vehicle head rest *SIGH* She's not interested in letting me test the Parkway or a Starriser Comfy in there until she's read some real info. I hate to say it, but I'm sure the Radian is out of the question & I believe that reading any information wouldn't do anything because I explained that grown men have broken their necks without a head rest & that her child's spine isn't even developed as much as a grown man's :eek: :mad: The infant seats look crooked so I'm sure they're not really secure, plus they do not appear to be 45* Still, I'm going to print stuff & mail it to her just in case ... any tips? :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC