*clap clap* True Fit at my Target! I have a question

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It had a DOM of 4/29/08. The first and second slots were for RFing, the second, third, and fourth were for FFing. I thought I remember seeing in someone's picture that the first, second, and third were ok for RFing, and then the second, third, and fourth for FFing? The second slots are kind of low for most 35 pound kids. Piper wasn't with me so I couldn't plop her in there to check.

Otherwise, I LOVED IT! Wow. I want one for Piper. LOL All that padding would make it awesome for a newborn, especially with the removable headrest. The tightening strap, like others have said, is stupidly low. Otherwise. Wow. Just wow.

Target also had the Hannah Marathon (*loved it!*) and the Reese Nautilus. Time to write Graco, remind them that real life is not black and white... Holy smokes, how many shades of gray are there?

Wendy

ADS

solmama

Back when so many folks got Truefits, there was indeed a thread about rf harness slots. It was ok'd, by a higher-up at FY/LC, to use the 3rd slot for rf. It's a great seat, isn't it? We love ours.

fyrfightermomma

Not sure how many kiddos would even need the 3rd slot for RFing. My 3 year old is still well below the 3rd slots and while she is low weight, is the same height as most 3 year olds. The majority that are the same height as her are around 30 lbs so only have a few more months RFing. Don't think too many will be tall enough for the 3rd set

So those that are "normal" weight probably can still use the seconds slots RFing for quite some time.

I don't think mine will ever need the 3rd for RFing

And yep...so far its my favoriteeeeeeee seat :love:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm surprised that DOM had only 1 & 2 marked for rf'ing because the new manual was released March 08 with position 1,2, and 3 ok for rf'ing and 2,3, 4 for ff'ing.

Dd was just barely even with position 3 - and she just hit 35lbs. So for the month she used it rf'ing, she used position 3. Most kids won't ever need it though - her torso is over 15" and she's around 64th %ile for height while around 45th for weight. (don't remember the exact #, might of been 67 and 46.) And her overall height is 40.5" just to get a rough idea. So most kids have hit 35lbs well before her size. ;)

It is a really nice seat. It's really spacious for leg room when rf'ing, and the shell is so deep that it really looks like it has great SIP. It's plenty wide for older kids who may have broad shoulders, and the harness is easy to adjust.

I was unsure how I liked it ff'ing when I first started using it ff'ing with dd, but that deep shell and how comfy she is has me won over. :thumbsup:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Thanks guys. I thought I had seen that the third would be ok. The second just seemed SO LOW for bigger kids to rear face. I think Piper outgrew rear facing with a 15.25-15.5" torso, so she *may* have needed the third set, but she was also close to five years old.

This seat had the manual with it. I think I was the first one to touch it. It was perfectly where it should be on the back of the seat. It specifically said in there that the first two were for rear facing and the second, third, and fourth were for forward. I liked that it was forward facing from 23 pounds up, though. :) Every pound counts.

Wendy

snowbird25ca

Huh, that's just bizarre Wendy. I wonder if they didn't fully make the switch over until a later date then - maybe decided to use up old manuals/stickers first before changing everything over?

What's kind of funny, is my April 1 seat has all 3 allowed on it - but I imagine with the CDN seats they did it right from the start because they'd already allowed it with the US seats and were working on the US manuals/stickers.

So I wonder if anyone has the 3 position rf'ing ones and what their DOM are? Off to find the sale thread where a bunch of people got $99 ones to see - I'm suspecting they sent some with position 3 allowed, then reverted to just position 2 to use up old stock & customer service will tell parents it's ok to use position 3 if asked?

eta: searched through that thread but all the DOM were prior to the manual revision. I'm so darn curious if they started putting out the new manual and stickers, then decided to use up the old ones first. :eek:

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Mine is 4/1/08. Both the seat AND manual say 1 and 2 for RFing, 2,3,4 for FFing....hmmmmm

I found the post where Lisa talked to Tanara from Learning Curve and was told position 3 is fine for rf'ing kids.

I must've seen the March revision on the manual and figured they changed it then but I guess the change hadn't made it's way onto the seats yet then. Wonder if any of the seats with manual & stickers allowing position 3 for rf'ing are available in the US yet then? Funny for the update to happen for us Canucks first. :p

jubgulia

Yup, we have the old stickers too. I, for one, am very happy that the 3rd slots can be used RF because my 30# 2 year old is using the 3rd slots already. I thought he was close to average, but maybe not.

NannyMom

as for life not beingblack and white..... I wonder if ALL of us write Graco...maybe we'll get some colorful Nautis.

PixieEMT

I'd like to get a close up look at a TF. I was just at our local BRU and they didn't have one. I should have checked Target though!!! Stupid me!

I always forget the poor TF when people as about HWH seats!:eek:

jmm3

Our TF also has the old manual/stickers too. I think the DOM is right around 3/1/08.

My 33 lb 5 year old is just barely over the 3rd slots, so she'd need them for RFing. She doesn't have a long torso, but she is taller than most kids who weigh less than 35 lbs. Probably most kids wouldn't need the 3rd slots RFing.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd like to get a close up look at a TF. I was just at our local BRU and they didn't have one. I should have checked Target though!!! Stupid me!

I always forget the poor TF when people as about HWH seats!:eek:

I knew they were coming soon to Target, but I thought mid-August. I was walking down the aisle and I've seen the pictures of the TF so much that for a second it didn't register that it was actually in front of me. LOL I think I got giddy and clapped my hands.

I haven't been to our BRU in a few weeks, but they didn't have it last time. Hopefully soon!

Oh, this one still said Compass True Fit, not Learning Curve. Maybe when they made that switch they changed the stickers and manual to reflect the slot uses?

Wendy

kphil

I saw one for the first time at Target yesterday and played with it, too. My middle child really didn't want to sit in it, so I didn't get to play long. I had a terrible time with the harness and I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong. Is there some trick to it? Is it one pull or several like the Britax lever adjusters? It just felt like it was stuck on something and wouldn't go any tighter when it was still very loose OTOH, my short almost-6 yo had a TON of room left harnessed in it. Probably 2-3".

PixieEMT

I haven't followed any threads about the TF.
I keep thinking about *if* we have another which seat will I get! I have $75 in Target gift cards saved for the future.

I'm just a bit worried about the customer service end of it? Bad cs makes or breaks the deal for me.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I saw one for the first time at Target yesterday and played with it, too. My middle child really didn't want to sit in it, so I didn't get to play long. I had a terrible time with the harness and I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong. Is there some trick to it? Is it one pull or several like the Britax lever adjusters? It just felt like it was stuck on something and wouldn't go any tighter when it was still very loose OTOH, my short almost-6 yo had a TON of room left harnessed in it. Probably 2-3".

Was one side loose and not the other? It's a continuous loop, so I had to pull it through around the bottom to make sure both sides were even. I don't like that kind of harness as much. Also, the splitter plate looked like it might catch easily.

Wendy

momtoirs

I looked at the TF at our Target earlier this week. I didn't notice the DOM, but I did pull the manual out -- like you, Wendy, it was right where it was supposed to be -- and it clearly said the lower 3 slots for RF and the top 3 for FF. If I recall correctly, the sticker shows the middle slot for both. If I have time tomorrow, maybe I'll try to stop by Target and get some pics. I liked it. Not for us right now, but seems like a nice seat.

Tina
DS 3 1/2, Graco Nautilus

Babynurse83

We just bought one tonight at Target. Mine has the RF 1&2 sticker, FF 2-3 with 2 being in the middle of RF and FF. DOM is 4/19/08 Not sure what the manual says. I'm still reading it.

NannyMom

I was checking out the TF again tonight at Target. I love that it's so big, and looks so comfy. DD was just below the 2nd slot, and would therefore need the 1st slot. WHen I put her in, and tightened the harness, the harness kept wanting to go up to the 2nd slot. THe adjustment part stayed solid in the 1st, but the harness itself was going up behind the padding and trying to come out where it should for the 2nd slot. Is this a safety issue?

Does anyone have a Britax MA and a TF? I really like the MA, but maybe I should save some money and get the TF? Which do you like better, your TF or MA? WHy?

emars002

i have both! love both - i thnk DD1 looks more comfortable in her TF - she has more room - she doesn't complain about her MA though so its matter of what i think it "looks" like. She has more harness height left in the TF than the MA - she is on the top slot of her MA with about 3/4" left to go -in the TF she is on the 2nd to top slot about 1/2" under that 2nd to top slot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC