Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Every few months or more

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Clicky box!

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Mine's getting pretty bashed up from the constant shuffle. I wonder how everyone else's does.

ADS

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
I have to take my seats out on Tues, Thurs and Sundays, for DH to pick up soccer kids that he coaches. I use the car daily so it seems im installing seats 3x+ a week.

bobbysgirl7103

I very rarely move ours. We own 2 cars. My Suburban and my Dh's little truck. With 5 kids and 5 car seats, we can only take the Suburban as a family. I only take the seats out of my car if I have to. For cleaning or adjusting straps and such.

Nennib

I voted clicky box, which I take to mean Other. I probably move my seats once or twice a year, have 2 seats in each vehicle and combined only move them once or twice in a year. Not ever much, but I have no reason to move them, unless we are buying something large and need to fold down the seats in our SUV to load the item bought and that is usually when I take the time to vacuum under the seats.

In the past year, I took out one seat in October when ODD puked in the truck, took out both seats in truck when DH bought load of firewood in December and took out YDD seat in the truck in June when we bought DH a new bike. Otherwise no moving seats.

wondering1

I voted Clicky Box because we almost never move our seats. Occasionally I'll be in the mood to clean and take it out - clean, check, re-install, etc.

More like once a year :)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You know, I posted "monthly," but it's really not accurate. When I do have to move it, it's often 7x or more in one day (from our car, to a luggage cart, to a plane, back to cart, on another plane, cart again, someone's car, then usually brought in for cleaning (still haven't solved the diaper saturation issue,) and back in the car in the morning.) All done in a rush, so not particularly gently. :eek:

Generally, we have one kid, one seat, one car. If we didn't travel so much it would hardly move!

Ali

I only take ours out when I HAVE to! We have 3 seats - 2 MAs and 1 Evenflo Titan. The MAs are in my car and DHs car and the Titan lives at the in-laws. I only take them out when they need to be cleaned or we MUST use the car and the seats can't be in it for some reason.

Since DD has almost outgrown the Titan by height, we are going to get a Regent for one of our cars and move one of the MAs to the in-laws.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Now that we don't have a vehicle, kiddo's vest or booster gets moved everytime we get in & out of someone else's vehicle.... When I had my own, I kept it installed until or unless I needed to fit 1 or 2 more for family/friends -- only when I had leather seats did I bother moving it around once every few weeks (& then only in nice weather because I'm lazy like that)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Clicky box = as little as possible...

I'm more than willing to pay for an extra seat for dh's car just so I don't have to move the carseat.

In fact, I'm more than willing to pay for extra BOOSTERS because my dh is NOTORIOUS for forgetting he has them and leaving me stranded without the seats I need!

I do like to "play" with carseats, but I prefer to do it with Gypsy, because my installs are a PITA by myself. I seem drawn to carseats that don't fit my cars well! ;)

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I have seats in the cars that they are in most often (mine, DH's and my mom's). I have extra seats for travel/the occasional time in other cars. So, I don't end up moving them very often.

It's a good excuse for me to buy more seats :)

Kat_Momof3

It depends, so I put every few months or more...

I have only taken the Nautilus out ONCE after the initial playing with seat batch of installs.

Now, with the Radian, I take it out if DH needs to put the vehicle seats forward (they pop forward to access the trunk) if he needs to haul something and not take the van, or if he needs to put two adults back there.

In fact, it's been out for awhile now because I haven't had a chance to spend time trying to get a better install with it in the center (I'm determined to at least try again).

And, even though it's only been a few weeks, I need to pull the Nautilus out again because Ruthie spilled a blue drink in it yesterday when we were out.

Mommypooh

I only have one set of seats at the moment and I have to move seat around whenever I have my friend with me which lately is at least once a week as she is car less. Her sons regent is living at my house right now so I can set up before I get there to get her.

otherwise anytime we need to send one with hubby we have to switch seats or if we ride with my in laws I have to move seats and will be doing that in 2 weeks to go to a family reunion as I can't afford the gas to go on our own.

So on average about once a week.

I am pretty good at it even the Regents. I have yet to have an issue installing the Regent at least at the moment my DD Is hovering around 39-41 lbs so I have a choice right now on how to install.

Loves2sing

We move our seats at least once a week. Right now we have 3 vehicles and 2 seats for Jenna. So depending on the vehicle we need to take, we need to make sure there is a seat in it. Once the baby arrives, the shuffle game ends, and we will be back to moving a seat when it needs cleaning. Which I tend to do about every 3 months or so. (Dh has a coupe that we can't get more than one carseat in. Well, maybe we could, but I told him that we couldn't, because I don't want to.:p I am SUCH a brat. Shh, don't tell dh!)

TerisBoys

Clicky box :)

Which seat? My Nauti stays installed unless Courtney's around and is up for a workout (I can do it myself, but it's easier with 2 in the position I need it in).

Boosters move around at random. Depending on which kids I have at the time and who wants to sit where.

jewlsvern

Whenever we switch cars I move the seats. I have the EFTA in my car and had the SR as an extra in DH's car. But we really only use the EFTA so we move it depending on which car we take. Right now i am driving DH's car and he is in mine so we need to switch the seat, but haven't found the time.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I very rarely move my carseats. We did go through a period a few months ago where our bumper was being replaced (it wasn't an accident, it was torn off by the brushes at an automatic car wash!), so I did spend time swapping the car seats between our main car, my husband's car, and the loaner car. It wasn't too bad, as I had a Safe Seat that I installed with a seatbelt using the lockoff on the base and a Boulevard that I installed RF using LATCH. I did move the Safe Seat on a couple of occasions to my husband's car if my husband and I wanted to split up and take one kid each to do errands, but that was only 2 or 3 times, and I didn't mind moving it because I found the base on the Safe Seat a breeze to install.

Peony

Maybe once a month for one seat. DD1 has a regent installed in all 3 of our cars and a Signo in my mom's pathfinder. DD2 rarely rides in any other car but mine. Once in a while I'll drive Dh's Audi instead of my van, I have a spare MA that I use for DD2 in that car. Really the only time I install a seat is when DD1 rides in DH's work van or with my sister, we use a Parkway for those times. Did I mention how much I hate to install seats? :p

ginny4

it depends. sometimes i have to move out the seats in my parents van if they need the room for something or to do a 3 across to fit a 7th person.

i move the boosters to our 2nd car if just DH & the 2 older boys are ogign somewhere by themselves.

i only take out the regent or intera when i have to clean it OR an extra big kid is coming & the lil ones are stayin home

scoutingbear

I don't move them that often (that said, they have been out and moved more times in the past 2 weeks than in the past 4 months due to car shopping, different babysitters, new car, growth spurts and having to turn seats, move up harness heights, etc.). We have a seat for each kid in each car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC