Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: which skip hop?

Carseat Crazy

which skip hop?

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I'd like to revisit it. I'm thinking of buying a Duo, but worried that it might not be the right thing for us. I'm mainly looking for a stroller bag for when we finally make it out of the house together. DH thinks I don't need one at all. Anyway, for those of you with experience, which works best? The duo looks like it could be too tall.
    Does it bash you in the legs when it's on the stroller?
    I've only got 1 in diapers, but I carry lots of spare clothes and snacks.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: which skip hop?

Quote Originally Posted by 2wild View Post
    I know this has been discussed in the past, but I'd like to revisit it. I'm thinking of buying a Duo, but worried that it might not be the right thing for us. I'm mainly looking for a stroller bag for when we finally make it out of the house together. DH thinks I don't need one at all. Anyway, for those of you with experience, which works best? The duo looks like it could be too tall.
    Does it bash you in the legs when it's on the stroller?
    I've only got 1 in diapers, but I carry lots of spare clothes and snacks.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

I LOVE the duo. I have red cord. It hangs on the quest well and I love it as kind of a parent tray. I use the mesh pocket as a cupholder and there are tons of pockets for organization. I like the tall trim design because it doesn't bump my legs but holds enough stuff.

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

thats my target spark diaper bag on the back of my BJCMD

I love my duo deluxe!!!!
    I only have one in diapers right now too, but it holds a ton of stuff! I keep my wallet and such in there too because I don't have a purse.
    When I don't have it full, it compresses so nice and doesn't feel like you're carrying a huge empty bag!
    I haven't had any problem with my legs hitting it. I put it on the shopping cart too, which keeps the kids from digging in it while we're grocery shopping!
    CPST & Stay at home Cake-decorating/Scrapbooking/Photo Mom to
    Kyrie-10 in Harmony NBB & 5 stepping
    Trey-7 in Monterrey/parkway HBB
    Carter 12/2012 RF in Foonf & Rhett 10/2014 in ClickConnect 40

Carseat Crazy

thanks everyone. have any of you tried the dash? any comparisons?

I got a Dash for a great price on sale at Right Start, and I sold it on craigslist cause I wasn't a huge fan. I think my biggest complaint is the flap. It really gets in the way especially when hanging on the stroller or when I am walking around trying to get something from the center pocket. I started keeping everything in the outer pockets then I was like I may as well sell this thing and get one I can access easily. It is bigger than the Duo, but that's about it.

I have a spark too and love it. It is so similar and so much cheaper.
    Carissa, mommy to Adam 5/19/05 and 53lbs 3'10 riding in a Monterey and GTB And Megan 12/27/07 and 23lbs 33 inches riding rf'ing in a Marathon and Princess Radian in a 09 BMW X5 Diesel and Civic Hybrid. We are officially GREEN

I have a dash also. I it.

Its big enough, yet small enough. its just perfect. So much so, that i want to try another diaper bag, but i just can't get myself to get RID of this one

I got my duo on amazon for $25. The Target Spark bags are almost idetical and are $30. I got my Dash at Right Start on sale for $35 or 40 and sold it on craigslist for $30.

Yea i got my target spark for $14, when they were last marked stuff down. I love it.

i have the same Skip Hop Spark from Target (on clearance for $7!!)