Question Whole adjuster thingamajig moving.

remken

Sorry no idea what to call it.:eek:

Anyways I was putting the cover back on my sons regent and noticed that this whole thing is loose and moves.

looseadjuster.jpg

ADS

Mama!

the flap is supposed to go up and down. it should not be loose and unscrewed from the seat frame.

remken

I'll have to call them on Friday since I'll be gone tomorrow.
Thankfully i have a couple of extra seats to use.

remken

OK I'm a dork but I went to the babiesrus here in town since I had to go to a store across the street from it. The one at babiesrus doesn't move.

Kat_Momof3

that's not being a dork... that's being extra thorough.

Obviously it's hard to convey in typed words how much something is moving, and then you think... maybe I'm nuts... and its really that I'm moving the seat.

So, by going to the store and ensuring that you know that it is a problem and how much of one, you thereby arm yourself with arguments for any CSR who might try to explain the problem away as they can't see it.

remken

I finally got a chance to call Britax this morning. Anyways I talked to Helen and told her what was happening with my sons seat. She didn't understand when I told her that the whole thing that holds the adjuster strap is moving so I have to send her an email showing her what I am talking about to see if it is something that is an replaceable part.Since my seat is out of warranty. Which I doubt the part is an replaceable one, but hey you never know.

Anyways here is a video of the piece that is moving.
I had to take it with my cell phone since I threw my camera down the stairs on accident and it broke in half. So not the best quality.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Yeah, I would be concerned about that too. It will be interesting to see what Britax has to say after seeing the video.
Renee
PS Are you still coming to the Walmart check on the 16th? How about the tech class?

remken

Yep I will be at both. I kept on meaning to email you telling you thank you for showing me how to enroll in the class.

Allison

remken

I'm excited also. I'm nosey and saw that we have another member around here that is thinking about becoming a tech also. I don't want to say who it is in case she doesn't want others here knowing where she lives. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about though.

remken

UPDATE: They are sending me a new seat. That I should have within 5 business days and I get to keep my old cover. Since I told her my son doesn't like any of their covers that are available right now. Not sure if they are sending a naked seat or not though since I get to keep my old cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC