Misuse I saw today...

xxluckychicxx

First I will start with the good news:

My DS has a set of siblings in his class that are 4 months, 18ish months, and 2.5 years. I knew that their mom drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I always wondered how she got all 3 of them in there. To be honest I was a little worried. BUT She had baby passenger side o/b in a SR, 2 year old in the middle in an EB HBB with 5pt, and 18 month old drivers side o/b in an EB AOE. Not the best seats, but she was using them properly and they looked to be installed great!

Now onto the bad news... As I was coming back out a dad was carrying a baby in a Safety 1st Designer 22 seat. By the time I got DD buckled into her seat he was coming back out. I looked in his truck and he had a boy that was 2-2.5 (max) in a seatbelt :eek: and then I noticed that there was an Evenflo Embrace base that was flipped up against the back of the seat. Well, he opened the door and put the base down on the seat and set the Safety 1st seat into the Evenflo base :eek::eek::eek:!

ETA: I meant to put this in Car Seat Chat. Woopsies!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I wouldn't think that the seat would even click into that base... and of course, it sounds like the base wasn't installed, either.

Nothing surprises me.

My sister came home and told me she had to call the cops on a lady while she was driving.

I knew it would be bad, but it was worse than expected.

Lady in question was driving with NO seatbelt... talking on her phone.

Her SON... in the backseat, was NOT restrained at all... and was jumping around on the backseat, facing my sister. Whenever Lady turned or stopped... THWUMP went the boy... over to the side or down to the floor of the car.

SHe wasn't even paying attention.

The law here says age 8 or 80lbs and has a proper use clause... and with misuse that any cop could see quicker than you could say "holy unrestrained kid, batman!", my sister dialed 911 and reported it.

xxluckychicxx

The law here says age 8 or 80lbs and has a proper use clause... and with misuse that any cop could see quicker than you could say "holy unrestrained kid, batman!", my sister dialed 911 and reported it.

Haha good for her! Yeah, I cant even see the Designer 22 even remotely coming close to fitting in the Embrace base, and if it was buckled it wouldnt have done a bit of good considering how loose it must of been.

clmchrissy

Luckchicx you need to go to the Safe Kids place in your area. I just found out from the lady on CL that bought my Uptown that the one in OKC hands out cards in pre-paid envelopes to right down description of misuse, tag #, etc.. to send in. One of these days here soon I'll make my way over to OU Medical Ctr & get some, if you want I can find out where to go in your area too.

xxluckychicxx

Luckchicx you need to go to the Safe Kids place in your area. I just found out from the lady on CL that bought my Uptown that the one in OKC hands out cards in pre-paid envelopes to right down description of misuse, tag #, etc.. to send in. One of these days here soon I'll make my way over to OU Medical Ctr & get some, if you want I can find out where to go in your area too.

Yeah that would be great! Seems like everyone around here misuses. Today I saw some lady buckle her toddler (18 months MAX) in a backless booster with lap belt only! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC