EFTA in Honda CRV? Quick!!

mamaofthree

My sis is at BRU. She was asking about the AOE, I couldn't remember if it was good or bad. It has low harness slots right? She liked the EFTA though, and I know thats a good one. I know some people say it doesn't work RF with their cars though cause of the knobs. Anyone know how it does in a Honda CRV? I'm not sure of the year though. Its not brand new new, but not too old. She has an 11 month old dd, avg size.

Kimberly

ADS

Ahzryn

I'd say no in general to the AOE, unless she is fully aware that it only harnesses to 40 pounds, and her dd is on the small side torso wise. It's not a bad seat, it's just that there are generally better choices.

The EFTA and the knob issue generally occurs in captains chairs and vehicles with deeply sculpted seats. The CRV has neither, so while I can't say for sure, it's highly unlikely to be an issue.

Mom to a few

My sister had the EFTA in a Honda CRV (vehicle was maybe 3 yrs old??), and the knobs weren't a problem at all. Have her try it in her vehicle before she cuts any of the tags off. I hope she likes her new seat!

mamaofthree

Thanks all for the replies!! She didn't actually buy anything yet- couldn't make up her mind. Her dd is still in the infant seat, and she has a used MA from a relative that has about 6 months before it expires. Her dh thinks the MA is big and bulky though, but after going out looking, she is realizing everything is big, lol. Her Target didn't have the True Fit yet. I told her to get that or the EFTA.

Kimberly

NVMBR02

At least she has a little time before she needs to get something. I really like the truefit. I am thinking about replacing the spares in dh's car with them.
While it is still really long maybe the Radian would work for them? At least it is slimer and seems less bulky.

Mom to a few

What infant seat is she using now, and how much does her daughter weigh?? I don't know very many "average" babies who were still using an infant seat at 11 months old. Sure, it's certainly possible that her daughter still fits properly, but just make sure that she hasn't exceeded the weight limit (usually 20 or 22 lbs), and that her head is at least one inch away from the top of the shell.

mamaofthree

She has a Keyfit. The weight limit is 22, and her dd is just under 20. She knows it is getting close, which is why she went shopping. Since she can't decide, she'll just install the used MA she has for now. I did suggest the Radian at one point, but for them I think ease of installation is the best criteria.

Kimberly

jewlsvern

What infant seat is she using now, and how much does her daughter weigh?? I don't know very many "average" babies who were still using an infant seat at 11 months old. Sure, it's certainly possible that her daughter still fits properly, but just make sure that she hasn't exceeded the weight limit (usually 20 or 22 lbs), and that her head is at least one inch away from the top of the shell.

My 16 month old DD can sit fit in her SR, though we moved her to the EFTA at 14 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC