going to get new seats in the fall-suggestions?

CrabbyBunchX3

I am planning on buying new car seats in the fall and was hoping for some suggestions. I was only planning to buy 2 seats for the younger kiddos, as DD1 has a pre-advisory regent that she still fits really well.

Kid stats and seats are in my siggie. I drive a 2000 dodge grand caravan with middle and rear bench seats.
My kids won't stay seated long enough for me to measure torsos, but I will list how they fit in their current seats.

DS- even with the top slots of his uptown-though now that he is in underwear he might be a little under them
DD2-RFing uses 2nd from bottom slots on scenera

I appreciate any and all suggestions.
TIA

ADS

libranbutterfly

What kind of budget are you looking at?

If youa re looking for the most bang for your buck, I'd probably get DS a Graco Nautilus, and YDD an Evenflo Triumph Advance. What kind of vehicles do you drive? Do you ever need to fit 3 across?

If you did this, then Older DD stays in the regent until she outgrows it, then pass the regent to DS, and use Nautilus as booster for Older DD. YDD should be able to stay in ETA for at least 5 years, and then you could follow up with whatever EH seat is available at that time, since the regent will have expired.

dhardawa

I'd actually recommending getting a Frontier for your son. When he outgrows it, give him the Regent and let your daughter use it as a booster. Get the baby an Evenflo Triumph Advance or a Britax Marathon. When she outgrows that, move her to the Frontier (since it has a 9 year life span).

CrabbyBunchX3

thank you both.

$500 is the max i could spend, hoping to keep it below that though.

I just have the grand caravan and do not see a need for a 3across. My DH has a chevy equinox (work vehicle), but we don't use it for family travel(If we take any of the kids in it, we usually only take one at a time).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC