Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Crazy Relatives!!!

I currently have a five year old daughter in a Blue Bouquet Regent that we just purchased to replace the Husky that will expire in 2008 (well, the truth is we liked the new cover!). We also have a Britax Parkway that we use when she is in other's cars. We also use the booster when either my great aunt or grandmother come to visit as they are TINY (aunt is 4'6" and 70 pounds, g-ma is 4'5" and 75 pounds). I NEVER have both of them at once but they both came today.

We had to run to the grocery store (daughter at a friend's) and I didn't know what to do but decided one would just have to ride in the Regent. I told them and then heard them start bickering so I thought the idea didn't go over well, but...

They were fighting because they BOTH wanted to go in the Regent! They were THRILLED when I pulled the Husky out. Both of them eagerly hopped into the seats and buckled up then asked me to tighten the straps. I wish I had thought to get pictures!!!

I guess that goes to prove "Big Kids" like harnesses, too!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar
    Oh, pictures of adults in those seats would rock!
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar
    LOL, thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

ROFL That's that's absolutely awsome!!
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Too cool!!!!

I want to see some adults in these seats

(I was testing out the Special Needs seats in my class since I fit, LOL & when I rode in a Pontiac with those really deep contours I was wishing for a booster, LOL)
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}