A "DUH!" Moment

Morganthe

This afternoon, I was faced with hooking a Parkway booster next to a center installed Radian in the rental Car -- Basic model Ford Focus.

(Love :love: the ease of LATCH & yes, I checked to see the Owner's manual to determine if the center position could be used in it, which it did :p )

So I was trying to determine the best way to hook in my dd's friend into the booster seat & tight quarters. My fingers couldn't manage the buckle under the latch connectors.

Figured out how to make a booster easier to secure
-- so simple it was STOOPID! :rolleyes:

Fasten seatbelt over Booster seat. (wiggle it, if needed. :eek: )
Have lap belt as loose as can be.
Child easily slides up into it, then sits in seat.
Pulled lap belt tight & she ducked under the shoulder belt.
Snugged it down & threaded through belt guide.

DONE! :thumbsup:

If I wasn't dissasembling the whole thing to turn in the car, I probably would have just reversed the entire process to avoid unhooking the belt. :shrug-shoulders:

Anyway, thought it might help someone who's sick of puzzling seats & pinched fingers. :love:

ADS

Jacks

Yup. I've done this when my friend's son rides in his turbo booster next to DS. The Regent or SG is always installed in the middle seat of either vehicle and I never feel like moving it outboard when Andrew rides with us. I started doing this AFTER accidently unbuckling my son's seat instead of the booster. :eek: I was always terrified that we could have driven around like that for days before I noticed.

mish

I too have done this. It makes it much easier for a tight three across.

Hey! That is your 4000th post. Congrats.

scatterbunny

I have a 2003 Focus now, and I can see how this would make buckling a booster easier. :) I posted my two successful three across configurations in our three across thread.

Morganthe

4,000th post and on an actual car seat topic. Imagine that. :scratcheshead:

I hadn't even noticed. :eek: Mish, you're definitely more observant than I am. :p:D

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Actually, I found it easier to slide the booster over towards the door, have child get in, buckle seatbelt, then scoot the booster back over towards the center.

:) I miss my Focus..........

Kat_Momof3

Actually, I found it easier to slide the booster over towards the door, have child get in, buckle seatbelt, then scoot the booster back over towards the center.

:) I miss my Focus..........

I used to do that back when Ruthie was first born and we had the Buick.

Ah... Memories... and scary thought of Damian in a booster at 4.. WHOA!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC