Absolutely fuming

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I had a doctors appointment this afternoon and after a rather good outcome i begged DF to take me by the local consignment shop that has the worst used seat issue. After 3 weeks if no terrible seats that had SIX expired seats one of which i had already asked them to remove and they had for a long time (i dont remember when i did it) I went to the costumer service counter where i've dealt with all the other issues after make DF find all the DOM's and talked with the lady. Most of the ppl i've talked with about it are real nice and just take the seats in, not this ***** she refuses to come check them, refuses to listen to why she cant sell them and after 10 minutes of me talking she says very curtly "well, i'll call the manufacturers next week sometime but until then we'e going to leave them where they are." So i'm hope i'm p.o.'ed and my blood is boiling. I'm contacting all the manufacturers today but i just could not believe it. One of the seats was an 1994, 3 pnt infant seat that i couldnt figure out how to work for 20 minutes! They also had an AO for 2000 that had had all its straps removed but no instructions so no one knew how to redo them. (i wanted to but decided i needed to get back to bed and write to all the manufacturers)

Does the AO expire after 6 or 8 years? I couldnt remember and depending on that it either is or isnt expired. I'm going to take my manual once DF gets it out and go put the straps in right later today (yup breaking bed rest but the doc said i looked good the the twins look great so i see no reason not too. I know i am slightly risking their lives but i could be saving someone elses. I think its worth the risk.)

Anyway had to rant and DF didnt want to hear about it anymore so you ladies got it. Sorry.

ADS

scatterbunny

You are on bedrest. You need to stay there. "Could be slightly risking the lives" of your own children to "possibly" save the lives of other children by removing old seats from the market is not worth it, not in this case.

I was supposed to stay on bedrest with Hayley because of high blood pressure. I didn't listen, I did dishes and laundry anyway, and went to the store. I ended up needing to be admitted and induced after a regular doctor's appointment at 35 weeks.

Thankfully I made it that far, but I wasn't on bedrest as early as you are. This is not a risk worth taking.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Although I admire your very noble cause to keep old carseats out of circulation, you truly need to put that in perspective right now and take it easy. You can't get all worked up and spike up your BP or worse for the sake of your carseat crusade. Your babies need to be your first consideration. Please forget about wrestling with the AO harness (why rethread it if you intend to keep it from being used anyway?) and get some rest.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I'm so tired of being here and the babies are totally fine. The doctor said i looked good and at this point didnt see any reason to lengthen my stay in bed (thank god). So i'm just here b/c of er doc thought it would be best. The twins are actually bigger than expected and look great so i see no reason to stay here. I dont see why i'm still here except i still have a rash and a sore throat (could be pollen allergies or latex allergies) its not like i'm having contractions (yeah i'm a touch stubborn :) )

I'm defiantly going to find a way to get the seats off that store shelf even if it means someone else is going. Two of the worst seats i've ever seen were there (one of which was the one i had already asked them to remove) they are both mid 90's and so gross. DF is refusing to take me and both of my cars are at my parents house so i guess i'm stuck here. I hate to go in and deal with these ppl and get this sort of outcome and then i cant do anything about it. I know she wont call the manufacturers (there are 4 different brands of seats that need to go) and someone has to do something. DF says if i print the stuff for him he'll go make an attempt but only if i stay in bed and be a good girl. (damn him).

I want the harness rethreaded on the AO if its not expired i've heard both 6 and 8 years for the AO so i'm unsure if its expired. Threading the AO is tricky and i've seen it done wrong enough times to know that it shouldnt be sold unthreaded. DF offered to go pick up our broken AO and let me teach him how to do the straps so he can go do it for me. Its amazing how he'll do anything to keep me in bed even though i'm fine.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Moved to Coffee Break forum. If you wish to move the technical issues to a separate post in the Car Seats forum, that is fine.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Sorry it was supposed to be more technical but i got side tracked.

Does anyone have a link for the site that had all the car seat manufacturers opinions on used or expired seats? I've looked all afternoon but cant find it. Its similar to this page. Maybe i'm going crazy and it doesnt exist but i'm sure it does b/c i was going to use it on my flyer (still working on the flyer but lost all my info). i wanted to print it off but its MIA. All the site has is the used seat check list now.

How many stories do we have to hear??

You are "breaking bedrest" in one post, yet the next post you say you are not on bed rest???
How many times are you going to risk their lives? The first time even going out under a tree and being "Stung" was not a smart move, but then to violate bedrest??
That is just PURE STUPIDITY?!?!?! (although I dont believe your stories anyways....its always one drama after another...)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I don't think anyone believes anything she says...but hey it is very entertaining to read all this stuff and roll my eyes.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I believe i said i wasnt on bedrest b/c it was twins i'm on bedrest b/c i was stung. I didnt go out looking to be stung. I went to get a few good shots for my portfolio, sometimes that involves doing dangerous things. I'm not the only photographer to do things that are 'smart moves' for the photo of a lifetime. And i think you'll find a lot of women do violate their bedrest rules, its hard not too. You be stuck in bed while the rest of the world moves on around you. There's nothing to do but read, sleep, draw, and do puzzles. eventually your back aches, your hips hurt, and you just plan are tired of being there day after day staring at the blank boring beige apartment walls. its not as easy or as great as it sounds to lie in bed while your child is crying or your family is eating dinner at the table (which you can see) without you and looks happy. Its easy to be forgotten by the kids when they have a new playmate who does better barbies than you or will let them watch whatever they want on TV or takes them to the zoo. Its a very stressful place to be. I cant wait until Monday when it should be over. Anyone who can spend months in bed on bedrest without breaking it is a stronger person than i am b/c i'm not going to survive my two weeks.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I for one would just LOVE 2 weeks to lay on my butt, LOL

No matter the situation, it could always be worse -- we could be in a 3rd world country without any medical support, hated just because we're women & blamed for not having a healthy baby regardless of unhealthy environment :eek:

You could try calling your CPST coordinator & ask that s/he send these places official information :cool:

Hope the bees don't bother you again (my niece is allergic; YIKES) & the babies continue to thrive ;)

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
We have one local CPST and he's a moron. My SIL is handling the situation right now, i do the research and get stuff for her to take there and she talks with them. I'm having her fill out a form i got from safetybeltsafe about them. SBS says they will then send out info to the store for me. I think i've taken such an interst in this b/c i need something to do. I've made half a dozen new brochures and handouts to give to ppl and for stores to handout. I need something to do and i guess this is it. I've already picked out names, nursery furniture and theme, and setup a wishlist, i've run out of expectant mother activities one can do on their backs.

I'm not going back near the tree so no worry about bees. I do generally stay away from them but this tree looks amazing when its in full bloom and i've been trying to get shots of it for 3 years. My card looks ok so hopefully the pictures turned out good and i wont have to try and get pictures again next year.

I didnt ask anyone for sympathy. I was simply showing those who say its stupid to get out of bed on bedrest that its not as easy as it sounds being confined to your own bedroom. It defiantly could be worse. I agree i thank god this is all that happened to me but its very difficult to go from a person who only lays down to sleep to a person who spends all but 20 minutes a day in bed. I cant wait to get out of here, i think next monday i'm going to spend all day on my gazelle. nah, i'm going to be outside with my kids, our zoo got a new exhibit and i cant wait to see it (they already have :( ) I just hope i dont get sent back here later on. I applaud anyone who can make it 6 months bedrest, you should be made a saint for that!

scatterbunny

It just feels to me like your priorities are all in the wrong place. :( You've lost pregnancies before, you should be taking bedrest very seriously. Had you not said you were possibly putting your babies lives in danger to potentially save other children, I wouldn't have even wasted my time with this thread. But no matter how "hard" bedrest is for you, it's best for your babies.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I already have that one! I've been sending my little cps army (they love that name ;) ) out to stores to fill them out and ask the questions and bring them back to me. I've also been working on printing flyers from the same source and offering them to the stores in both english and spanish hoping to increase cps knowledge around here. DF even got our favorite alcohol store to take some! We're going down town in the city (were in a suburb) this weekend and i have several hundred in fun colors just waiting to be offered to every store, deli, and restaurant we walk past! Df thinks the bees addled my brain. :) Its been fun planning my once i can walk again action plan. I have always wanted to do a leaflet campaign but have never had the time or energy to plan it. Not only did i plan this but i also managed to do a ton of work on the wedding and all those who kept wanting to be involved but couldnt be b/c of time constraints got to be involved during their shifts! So maybe its not so bad being in bed (but please dont make me go back!)

I am now thankfully off bedrest and am in excellent health as are my babies so i'm going out and working on what i started. My doctor is amazed at my health and the size of the twins so he said i could continue my life as normal. I didnt even break bedrest for Easter (just couldnt take seeing my FIL and GFIL so i played ill. Shhhh.)

My kitten on the other hand is on bedrest. He for some reason decided to jump onto the open oven door while i was taking out some cookies. He's burned his paws really badly but the vet is letting me bring him home tomorrow. He comforted me while i was on bedrest and now its my turn to comfort him and his sad little burned paws. I learned my lesson, kids arent the only ones who are disallowed from the kitchen when the oven is on tigger is too.

Michi

Oooh - owie! Our kitty jumped onto the griddle while I was making pancakes one morning! It's SO sad:(
I'm glad to hear things are well for you and the babies. Hang in there!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC