Radian & MA in a plane (pic heavy)

The Bjorns

I finally got around to uploading pictures from our plane trip in April. DD1 is 4 and in a Radian 65 and DD2 is 8 mo rear facing in a MA. I carried both seats through the airport by putting the MA on a wheeled luggage carrier and folding the RA and placing it in the seat. I put a bungee cord around the whole contraption and it worked great. The RA install was so ridiculously simple that it makes me wish all seat belts were designed like airplane belts. The MA was a tiny bit trickier only because I didn't realize the plane belt twisted while I was putting it in the pathway so I couldn't get it buckled at first. Also, a dream to install.

We sat with both seats in the window--Grandparents next to older DD and myself and aunt by the baby. If we coud not have done this, I would've placed the RA in the aisle seat so I could attend to both girls. The flight attendants were great and loved my cool folding seat, especially on the trip back.

What worked the best was me boarding early with the seats and installing them. By the time they were installed, the rest of the plane was boarding. What took the longest was walking to the rear of the plane (were our seats were) and then walking back up to the front to get the next seat. People were starting to board by the time I came back for the second seat.

Family175-1.jpg

DD all set and ready to take off

Family174-1.jpg

You can see she's got plenty of room and she fits in the plane seat fine--not swimming in an overly large seat.

Family180-1.jpg

She hates lound sounds and she was scared when the jet engines started. Blankie helped, but so did the reassurance that she was safe in her seat.

Family226-1.jpg

In the RA she was able to use the tray table. It was just the right height. It would've been very difficult to have a "fancy" juice from the flight attendant or color if she hadn't been in the correct position from her RA.

Family210-1.jpg

DD2 Loved sitting RFing and being able to see Mommy. She could look out the window and was fasinated by the ground activity and even some of the scenery in flight.

Family209-1.jpg

You can see she has plenty of leg room RFing. Not the best picture, but you can still tell she's enjoying it.

Family219-1.jpg

Asleep in mid-air. So comfortable for both of us!

Family211-1.jpg

This was the row in front of DD2--how not to fly with kids. No one in that row had fun during the flight. We hit some turbulence and DD was fine and enjoyed it and I was worried about this girl. Luckily, she didn't hit her head, but she didn't enjoy herself like my DD did. There was an empty seat in the center, but she never sat in it.

I wish I had been able to take some close-ups of the seat installs, but there wasn't time before people started boarding and I didn't want my family standing in the aisle while I took pictures of the seats.

ADS

skipspin

Just so you know I have never been allowed to install a RFing seat on the aisle seat. They won't allow it because it blocks your exit. I was allowed to put the RFing seat (RA or infant seat) in the window, me in the center, and a FFing Radian on the aisle seat.

Looks like you had a great set-up!

The Bjorns

I was getting prepared to fight for the RA on the aisle if need be. It's such a slim profile I knew it wouldn't block aisle access in the least (a RFing seat--no way!). When we first got our seat assignments, they had us all over and I was carefully explaining that no I was NOT gate checking the seats so I would need a set up that would accommodate the seats in the window and at least one adult next to each seat.

Alaska Air gets kudos for correcting the seating arrangements (despite messing it up in the first place:rolleyes:).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC