MA colors....

NannyMom

Ok, I'm going to be getting a MA for my DD very soon. I'm pretty tiredof stalking Target and The low priced on I saw online was over a year old. My daughter is small, and is almost to the second slots on the MA. I expect she'll be RF until she's 4 or 5 (maybe even 6). How much does color matter to the preschoolers? I'd like to get a neutral seat, but I kinda liked the Brooke (pink). At BRU when I was looking at a grey seat, she wanted to get in Ashley Floral (yellow). If I get a pink seat and she becomes a preschooler that isn't girly-girl, is she going to protest a pink seat? I expect this will be her last seat until she gets a GN or Regent.

ADS

MoreLatte

In my experience (with 5 girls) they love the girly covers. The great thing about the MA is that you can always change out the cover for a different one later. I think the Hannah cover from Target isn't too too girly and would be easier to keep clean (Chocolate brown w/pink). We have the pink Brooke cover and it gets dirty quickly! The Ashley Floral does, as well. They do wash up nicely, though.

Nisha

My Dd loves the girly cover on her MA, anything girly is fine with her! I don't forsee that changin in the next 10 years!

scootiemom

My daughters are 3 and 4 1/2. We have the Arctic Cat Marathons in my van and New Blues in DH's Tahoe. I asked them which ones they wanted to take on our trip 2 weeks ago and they both wanted the soft, cotton New Blues seats to go with. I think I personally would get tired of a floral carseat after awhile even though I do like them a lot. If they aren't given a choice, they'll never know right!

The Bjorns

My 4 1/4 yr old loves her Ashley and it washes great. The 11 mo old has the yellow Mariposa (courdory instead of straight plush like the Ashley) and we just washed it for the first time. Came out great (minor poop accident:eek:) but it took a little longer to dry than the Ashley. That's the advantage of having a spare seat cover--no planning when you won't need a car seat to get it washed.

Also, even though the Ashley is a light color, the brownish floral print is the same color as ground up Cheerios! Always a benefit!

NannyMom

I guess you don't like the Cleveland Browns then, do you? :p

Actually, with My father being a Baltimore fan, and my uncle living in Ohio (and a Brown's fan), they're the enemy :p LOL.

I know brown seems to be the new "it color", but I just don't like it much. Brown with blue, brown with orange. No thanks :thumbsdown:

NannyMom

Ok, so TravelingTots told me the Ashley Floral had an early 07 manufature date. I looked at the ones in BRU, the display was Oct 07 and the 1 in a box was May 07. So...it looks like Ashley floral is out! Why do I want to pay so much for a seat and loose over a year of use?! BRU had 1 more pattern, I think it was race or something like that I thought (though it looks alot like the Platinum on their website). I didn't like the feel, looked too sweaty. So....I saw on the Target threat that a new coveris Harringbone Grey. Are that and Hannah the only new covers? I'm guessing I need to get a MA with the new covers to get the newest manufacture date.

TerisBoys

That one, Hannah, and Allie (brown outsides, pink with brown polka dots inside). Allie is the new BRU exclusive.

dhardawa

Ok, so TravelingTots told me the Ashley Floral had an early 07 manufature date. I looked at the ones in BRU, the display was Oct 07 and the 1 in a box was May 07. So...it looks like Ashley floral is out! Why do I want to pay so much for a seat and loose over a year of use?! BRU had 1 more pattern, I think it was race or something like that I thought (though it looks alot like the Platinum on their website). I didn't like the feel, looked too sweaty. So....I saw on the Target threat that a new coveris Harringbone Grey. Are that and Hannah the only new covers? I'm guessing I need to get a MA with the new covers to get the newest manufacture date.

TravelingTots has an old DOM because the Ashley Floral cover became a BRU exclusive about a year ago. They are old at BRU because they don't turn over stock fast enough. Overall, yes, you'll have to get a current cover to get a new DOM. When Britax discontinues covers the remaining seats sell out (typically) within a few months. So, if you see the seat a year later, it is old. (I say that, but Britax has found boxes of covers in the past that are old and manufactured seats with them, but this isn't overly common.)

Kat_Momof3

In my experience, color isn't as important as control. My kids don't care if it's pink, blue, or the same color as their vomit... as long as they get to choose.

Seriously... to the extent that when I showed Ruthie the Nautilus on here and the Nautilus on walmart originally, she balked at the one on walmart's site, declaring that it wasn't the "princess pony seat" that I'd shown her on here.

So... I simply told her, okay, we won't get that OTHER seat... we'll get the princess pony seat.... no biggie.

Or when I asked her what color backpack she wants for preschool... her answer?? "Princess Pony Dora backpack"

We went to Walgreens (they had backpacks buy one get one free at 9.99) and I let her choose one... she picked a particular one and declared that IT was the "Princess Pony Dora backpack"... it was pink and had a butterfly and some mosaic like print on the front... definitely not any of those three things, but it was to her!

Heck, she has 3 little toy pikachus... and they have slightly different stances, so she has one that is "baby Ruthie" pikachu, one is "Damian" pikachu, and one is "Jeffrey" pikachu.

THe child is ALL about control and deciding for herself what she wants and what it is called.

I correct her that her boo-boo on her wrist is not an "ankle boo-boo", but I certainly will not correct her that the backpack she was skipping around the house showing off last night is not her princess pony dora backpack or that her Nautilus is not the princess pony seat (yes, she upgraded it) that she thinks it is.

Heck, her princess sheets weren't ready last night but she STILL declared her new bed (in her room) her princess bed in her princess room.

Sometimes it is all how you sell it.

BUT... she does love pink, purple, and PINK... did I say pink?? PINK!!

I hated pink... but I did so from the time I was 3.. I think if she likes the girly stuff now, she will till she at least hits the teen years.

I have never liked pink much, but I was pink deprived when I had the boys and got tons of pink for Ruthie and, as it turns out, after her wardrobe expanded, her favorite clothes were usually pink. My mom dressed me in so much pink when we were little that I always swore I'd never dress my daughter in the color, but first I wanted to make sure people knew she was a girl, and then it was all her.

She does like to wear her brother's shirts, though, sometimes (the ones small enough to fit her)... and she does have some very un-girly shirts, but she's totally into pretty dresses, wearing lipstick once in awhile, having her nails done (though it's done by mommy) and that stuff.... I don't know how I managed to get such a girly girl.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC