photo - My silly baby!

Michi

Gee......think she likes her 'new' car seat? I opened the door of the van yesterday, and this is how I found her!
And who says older babies don't like to be rear-facing?:D
IMG_0647.jpg

(We borrowed this Advantage from a friend - My DD, Annabelle - 16 mos, seems to like it better than her other car seat, so we swapped it out)
What the photo doesn't show is that she also had pulled her socks off and had her little bare feet 'kicked up' on the seat back. She's chillin'! :)

BTW...she keeps pulling the belly pad out...is that okay? (Can I just take it off?)

Last edited:
ADS

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I took mine off, you don't have to use it... Mine would fall off all the time, and it was easier to take it off then try to make sure it stayed on...

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Awww, how cute. :)

The belly pad is optional and meant for comfort, not a safety requirement. My baby loves to kick off her socks, too. She either chews on them or tosses them so I have to crawl around in my van to find her socks to put them back on her when we arrive at our destination.

Michi

That's how it showed up when I copied it from photobucket...Let me see if I can 'tweak it'...
Does that help?

Michi

scatterbunny said:
She's adorable, and looks SO comfortable! :D

Awww - thanks!
Here's links to my other kids - just in case anyone is interested in seeing seats in an '04 Venture van.......(we removed the other captains chair in the 2nd row to allow easier access to the back for the older kids - It does have an integrated child seat, so let me know if anyone wants to see that.)

Katie (3 yrs/34# - Britax Marathon) http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/mom2jjka/IMG_0649.jpg
Katie and Annabelle (2nd row captains chairs- Advantage and Marathon) http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/mom2jjka/IMG_0652.jpg
Julie (8yrs/53# - 3rd row - Graco Turbo) http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/mom2jjka/IMG_0641.jpg
Joseph (6yrs/40# - 3rd row - Graco Turbo) http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/mom2jjka/IMG_0642.jpg

scatterbunny

Great pics! I love seeing a van-full of carseats/boosters. :)

Do you think there's enough room to fit another carseat in the middle of the third row?

How difficult is it to access the third row if all three captain's chairs were in the middle row?

Michi

scatterbunny said:
Do you think there's enough room to fit another carseat in the middle of the third row?
How difficult is it to access the third row if all three captain's chairs were in the middle row?

If the seat was narrow enough (i.e. - a Radian) we probably could fit another seat in the third row, but it is a lap belt, so it would have to be a harnessed seat.

The third row is not bad to get to when all three captains chairs are in. The two outboard chairs tip forward to let people pass. (BUT, we have my DD's Marathon installed with LATCH, and the tether anchor is on the bottom of the seat itself, which allows us to do this. If/when we have to use the seat belt, then we will not be able to tip that chair forward. - ) - Does that make sense?
There is definitely enough room for 3 seats across the middle row. Only the two outboard positions have latch, but the middle lapbelt is ALR, and I have always gotten great installs in that position.

scatterbunny

Hmm, it wouldn't be too bad to have three-across in the middle row then, with a booster seat on the side everyone climbs into the third row on, right? I hope that made sense. Hayley is sitting behind me playing beauty shop, ripping into my hair, LOL.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I had a 2003 Venture and could use a MA in the center but struggled to buckle boosters in either side (and no top tether). A great set up was Futura in the center and WZ/MA on either side the "meshed" very well.

~Jodi CPST mom to 4 soon 5

Michi

(Blush)...thanks for all of the compliments, guys!
She was our little 'surprise'....(we were suppossed to be 'done' after three...but now I can't imagine life without her!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC