TRU True fit sale

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I bought my TF at TRU on June 19th for $199.99. I just saw the thread about the $159.99 sale. Any way for me to get my $40 back from TRU? I believe that they have a 45 day return policy. Would I have to return it and re-buy it or do you think they would give me the price difference if I brought my receipt in. I bought it in the store and not on-line if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance. $40 is enough money not to just let it go imo.

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Trudy can tell you for sure, but I do believe you can take it in for a price adjustment within the return period. I remember her talking to me about it a couple of weeks ago.

-Nicole.

snowbird25ca

You can get a price adjustment if it's still on sale and you're within the return period of 45 days. I'm not sure if it's still on sale or not though - if the sale has ended, then you're likely out of luck.

(Flyer end date was extended to Sunday and I haven't been into work since Saturday, so have no clue what's still on sale and what isn't because there are a couple single page sale leaflets too...)

sparkyd

According to the store I just called, it is no longer on sale in-store, only online.

Which is too bad because I was all excited about getting a $40 refund from the one I bought 2 weeks ago!

techie

The True Fit is on sale until Aug 22 ... I also work at a BRU.

The store you called likely accidentally pulled the bagstuffer (the single page 'leafelet') pricing as well as the sale that ended on Sunday (Babyfest ran 2 weeks + 2 days)
Price Adjustment Policy is 14-days. But each store may abide by that differently.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I haven't been in to the store yet to get my money but I called and was told that I could bring in my receipt to get my $40 back. I am going to head down there tomorrow so I will let you know what happens. It is worth a try anyways. The person I talked to said that as long as it hadn't been more than 45 days since my purchase that it would be fine.

U

Unregistered

I got $42.02 back. No questions asked. I was pleased with myself for going through the hassle of going back to the store and for getting a TF which I love btw for $159.99!! Thanks to whomever posted about the sale on here. I never would have known about it otherwise. I had dd sit in a Frontier when I was at BRU and it looks like a nice seat too but at twice the price, no thanks. I had the urge to buy another TF even though I don't need one. They didn't have any on the floor anyways so I am guessing that they sold out during the sale.

snowbird25ca

Yay, glad you got it adjusted easily. Our store is sold out now, so I wouldn't be surprised if others are in the same situation. I haven't thought to check the warehouse and see if anymore are coming in in the near future - it's possible there will be a delay because of the french sticker recall.

Congrats! Now you can go get 1/3rd a tank of gas ;)

LOL

AllieCanada

Our TRU is sold out too including the floor model and it is now only available through special order. It seems weird that they would sell the seat and sell out of them but then switch it to a special order item.

snowbird25ca

Our TRU is sold out too including the floor model and it is now only available through special order. It seems weird that they would sell the seat and sell out of them but then switch it to a special order item.

Maybe... not selling as many MA's or 3in1's though with it there. So maybe that was the reason?

Dumb though, because it means that a) people won't buy it because they don't want to wait, so stock will stagnate in their warehouse, or b) everyone will go to zellers instead if they're looking for the seat - and then they won't get any business as a result. And I still talk to parents about seats a whole heck of a lot outside of work, so would have no problem sending people to zeller's if that's where the seat that is best suited to them is. And parents with kids that are young and on the upper end of the weight charts are absolutely going to be told about a seat that has a chance of keeping their kid rf'ing to a year. :whistle:

And they shouldn't be putting it in their baby catalog if it's not going to be available in store... Although our store has had a history of managing to stock special order only items through creating a demand for them, but probably won't be the case in this instance with them mass selling the store stock out everywhere. :thumbsdown:

Maybe it was an issue of shelf space? Our store has a serious shortage of shelf space in the carseat area, but I would think they'd expect stores to move things around - aftermarket products could certainly be moved elsewhere. :rolleyes: :whistle:

Thanks for getting an answer anyways. People can get things shipped from the website to store can't they, and then not pay shipping? So parents could always do that... I'm still rather irked because they had it on store shelves for what? 6 or 7wks, and that was it. :thumbsdown: People don't like to wait for special order unless it's something they *really* want, and they had to have known that making the switch...

sparkyd

I got $42.02 back. No questions asked. I was pleased with myself for going through the hassle of going back to the store and for getting a TF which I love btw for $159.99!! Thanks to whomever posted about the sale on here. I never would have known about it otherwise.

Ok, I'm confused. Is getting your money back dependent on which store you go to? Seems like it. I called my store (Ottawa) and was told I missed the sale and couldn't get my money back. But then someone (quote above) went to another store after that and got their money back. Which store did the right thing as per their policies?

techie

Ok, I'm confused. Is getting your money back dependent on which store you go to? Seems like it. I called my store (Ottawa) and was told I missed the sale and couldn't get my money back. But then someone (quote above) went to another store after that and got their money back. Which store did the right thing as per their policies?

It IS on sale until Aug 22. It is in the bagstuffer ad that started last month. I work at BRU, I know this. Call the store and ask them to look up the price on the computer system. Or say "If I give you a skn (pronouced SKIN) number of an item, can you tell me what the price is?" and give them "706833". Don't give up, some stores might think this item was part of BabyFest which ended a couple weeks ago.

The price adjustment policy is 14 days from the date of purchase, but each individual store may abide by this differently.

kayleigh

At our store, they are only availlable special order. I just waited nearly 2 weeks for mine to come in and I paid $159.99 for it!

jacks1

Update: Just went into the BRU last night and I did get my money back. Because it was past the 14 days they just refunded my total purchase and I bought back the seat at the sale price. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC