2000 Chevy Venture 8-seater

*Robyn*

Thoughts? We came across a really great deal from someone who cannot ship their van back to the states. Currently we have a 96 Plymouth Voyager that I hate.

So, does anyone have any experience? We have a 7 mo old in a Roundabout (but he'll be in a Marathon come Sept) a 3.5 y/o RFing in a Scenera (also will be in a marathon come Sept) and a 5 y/o in a Nautilus.

TIA!

Meant to add, does anyone know about LATCH and top tether anchors? I just emailed to ask, but figured maybe I'd get a good response her first. Thanks!

UPDATE: We passed on the Venture due to poor crash test ratings, and got an '05 Town and Country. Thanks!!

Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'm sure someone with a latch book can be more specific, but I know that a 2000 wouldnt have latch... it might have top tethers, though... just not sure how many or where.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I can't do a LATCH manual lookup to verify at the moment because my LATCH manual and I are in separate geographical regions while I'm away from home, but my recollection is that the LATCH manual does not list tether anchor details for GM models prior to the 2001 model year. Hopefully someone else who drives a 2000 8-passenger Venture can chime in with the details from their owner's manual for the OP instead.

If there are no tether anchors in the 2000 Venture, a Chevy dealership service department should be able to retrofit some, but I can't say how many nor for what seating positions, not because I don't have the LATCH manual handy, but again because retrofit part numbers for pre-2001 model year GM vehicles aren't listed in the LATCH manual because the part numbers change over time, and the dealership would have the current part number information. I do know this thanks to doing a quick google search of previous threads: One tether anchor retrofit should be done free of charge under a specific GM service bulletin pertaining to retrofitting: 99-09-40-004 dated January 2000. :thumbsup:

*Robyn*

Thanks ladies! We ended up buying a 2005 Chrysler T&C since the crash tests were horrible on the Venture. The T&C has LATCH and top tethers, so we're good.

Thanks for your responses!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC