Can someone help me reassemble my Boulevard?

farra

I recently removed the cover from my Boulevard to clean it. I took the foam pieces out of the shell and put them up where the kids couldn't reach. It all looked very clear to me as I was taking it apart. Now, I'm trying to put it back together and I'm a little confused about the foam....

There is the EPS foam, and I totally get where that goes. There are two additional pieces of foam that I'm having trouble with. The seat foam looks like it should go right under the baby's bottom and the back foam has slits in it that the straps have to go through. My problem is that when I have have the back foam lined up with the slots for the straps, there is a large gap in the lower back area where there is no foam. Is it supposed to be this way? I don't remember it looking like that. It seems like to would make it uncomfortable to sit in! I'm probably just over thinking this, but if anyone can give me some guidance, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Farra

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
The 2 pieces probably go in the rectangular spaces under where the childs legs go.

If you are able to pake pics and post them using photbucket or something like that as ahost that may help us to.

farra

Ok, here are some pictures...
http://picasaweb.google.com/farramat/CarSeat

Although, I think I get it now since I've had some sleep....;)

I guess that back foam has to move up with the adjustable headrest and the harness straps. I still think its weird that there is that gap at the bottom. You can really feel it through the cover. I'm thinking now that that is just the way it is, but I'd like to make sure I'm not forgetting something or missing something.

Thanks!
Farra

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
My BV is in my Mom's car. MAybe someone else had one to look at. i will look through my pics in the meantime.

Kat_Momof3

if you lower the headrest to where the foam at it's lowest matches the slots, you will find it works... the foam likely gets raised along with the slots when you raise the headrest.

brooklynsmommy

Yes. The foam is basically held in the correct spot by your straps. When you put the head rest cover back on, it will help hold it in place. Then when you put the straps in, it will hold it there. Remember to tuck the foam behind the main cover though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC