Question Rear tether in 1996 ford F150

Kristy00

DH recently bought a 1996 ford F150 truck. The truck is not an extended cab, and just has the one bench seat. Occasionally, it would be nice if he could take DS with him for short trips. I can't seem to find any info in regards to whether or not there is a rear tether anchor (I'm presuming no). Does anyone know if there is one, or if it is possible to have one installed? Thanks!

ADS

scatterbunny

The 1996 Ford F150 will not come factory-equipped with tether anchors, but under Program RC7 Ford will pay dealerships to install tether anchors free of charge to the customer. :thumbsup:

There will be two drill dimples and slots in the back wall (behind the seat). The part number is E5TZ 15613D20-A.

Kristy00

The 1996 Ford F150 will not come factory-equipped with tether anchors, but under Program RC7 Ford will pay dealerships to install tether anchors free of charge to the customer. :thumbsup:

There will be two drill dimples and slots in the back wall (behind the seat). The part number is E5TZ 15613D20-A.

Thank you so much!! :D

scatterbunny

You're welcome. :) (We had a 1993 Ford F150 single cab for a couple of years, and loved it, only sold it due to gas mileage; dh got a motorcycle :eek: )

ffpmcps

We have a 96 F150 and got the tether installed at no cost as PP mentioned. It is a third vehicle for us, but DH likes to take DD occasionally so I had it put in since it was free. FYI there was info in the vehicles owners manual with the part number. At first when I went in and requested the tether the guy stared at me like he had no clue what I was talking about. Then I showed him the manual then after checking he said it was going to be $75. I insisted that it should be free and the service manager finally agreed. So if you have the manual, take it with and if they say that are going to charge you, I would push the issue. Good Luck.

Andrea

singingpond

Just a cautionary note -- not sure if you will run into this -- about access to the tether strap in a pickup truck. We have a '92 Chevy with single bench seat, and we put in a tether anchor (free from dealership) in the specified location in the back wall behind the seat. I installed DS's Wizard in the truck one day, hooked up and tightened the tether strap, and all was fine. Then, next day when I went to move the seat back to its usual spot in a different vehicle, I had one heck of a time getting the tether strap off again. The tether strap tightening/loosening adjuster was down behind the vehicle seat backrest, and I couldn't get my hand down there to reach it. The tether strap was snug (naturally, since I had pulled the strap end to tighten it when installing), and that was holding the vehicle backrest in position close to the back wall of the cab (the backrest can normally fold forward for access). After some moments of panic, I managed to pull the backrest forward just a bit, and jam my hand in there, at the cost of some lost skin, to loosen up the tether.

So, consider future access for uninstalling, if this looks like it might be an issue in your vehicle :).

Katrin

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC