Votes: 24 92.3%
  • keep RA and sell Decath for what I paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other option?

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Marinesfamily5

okat so lil D is done with SS1.. too tall

I was hunting for a Decathlon deal but got impatient and ordered a roundabout... like 20 minutes later DH informed me of a Decath that was exactly what I wanted.. so I told him get it

its now happily installed in my truck but I also have a RA on the way!
ahhh

should I sell the Decath and keep the RA or keep the decath (which I love) and try to sell the RA for a minimal loss? hmmm

my budget doesn't allow me to keep both, and kids only go in my vehicle anyways so no need for 2 seats.

and UPS shows seat as delivered but I have't gotten it

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I'd keep the Decathlon (especially if you love it), just because the shell is much taller than the RA, so it will last you longer. I don't think you'd get all that much time out of an RA compared to a Decathlon, particularly RF, if your little one has already outgrown an SS1 by height.

(And just one small thought that I'll just throw out there: I've seen many posters on here mention that they have problems with the harness adjuster on the Decathlon, and some have even had to have Britax replace them with Marathons or Boulevards. Is it possible to return both of the seats and see if you can get a Marathon at Target? There are still some Targets that have the MA on clearance, and some have pretty new DOMs. I recently picked up an MA for $189 at Target with an April 2008 DOM, so it has the new 35 pound RF limit, another advantage over the Decathlon, which still has the 33 pound limit. :))

Last edited:

abacus2

If you like the Decathlon, I don't see any reason to return it. If you have trouble with the harness adjuster, just contact Britax and they will take care of it. They even sent me a new seat before I sent back the old one because it was the only seat I had that I could use for my dd. My Decathlon was replaced with another Decathlon which works fine.

Kat_Momof3

with Dominic clearly being a tall boy or long in torso or both to have outgrown the ss1 already, I say keep the DC... he'll need it

HEVY

I understand not returning a seat you have taken out of the box and played with or used. But if it's still in transit why not contact the seller and tell them you want to refuse delivery and get a refund, or when you get it just turn around and return it. Just wondering.

Marinesfamily5

we do have the adjuster issue but Helen at Britax told me to remove the black belt thing in the bottom? ugh I already forgot what she said :whistle:
but I am also not crazy about removing parts so I was going to call again and hope I get someone else KWIM?

we can't get the MA to install right in my truck, I had one and tried it with no luck

It will cost me $$ to ship seat back... but I haven't gotten it!
I have to call UPS tomorrow and ask what gives cause tracking # shows it was delivered :eek:

Marinesfamily5

RA still not even here!

now I am mad... UPS guy drove down my street but no delivery to me , I check online again and it shows delivered on the 22nd! so I call UPS and they said shipper has to initiate tracer on it, but also driver note says left at front door :eek:
what the heck? I was home that day why didn't he knock or ring the bell? and if he left in front of door the dog surely would have barked.

my thinking...
he left at bottom of the front stoop and someone saw it and decided they wanted a new carseat :crying:
my neighborhood isn't the greatest as of lately.

I really hope it was misdelivered and they find it. I can't afford to just "lose" a $200 seat!

vonfirmath

If you never received it, I don't think you're liable for the loss. It is quite frustrating they just left it though. I'm surprised the shipper didn't say signature required for something that expensive!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC