Question Old BV RFs to 33 lbs, new BV RFs to 35 - why?

ADS

BW1426

They re-tested their seats to 35 lbs and released them in March 2008. I believe the Boulevard, Marathon, Roundabout and Diplomat where the seats retested. I don't think they changed the Decathlon.

crunchierthanthou

The Diplomat has always been 35 lbs. It was released last summer and was the first of the Britax seats to have the higher rf weight limit- not that many kids are going to reach that before outgrowing it rf by height.

The change was covered in the chat with Britax (still waiting on that transcript). According to Ms. Tilton, they are structurally different and "there are changes you can't see." Which I'm not so sure about. However, there are other changes that came in conjuction with the 35 lb limit, including a different style harness buckle and textured LATCH bars. so... maybe. :shrug-shoulders:

It's not retroactive and parents should follow the stickers on their seats. I have a 33 lb MA and will turn ds ff when he reaches that weight. The 3 yo crash test dummy weighs 34 lbs, so I have no problem going right up to the 33 lb limit, but I wouldn't go over.

kate4478

i think they changed the SIP wings. if you go to the britax website to purchase covers they have the blvd seperated by dates. i'm only guessing they changed the size of the headpad so the cover changed some.:shrug-shoulders: not that that has anything to do with the weight changes.

aept

crunchierthanthou;515261 It's not retroactive and parents should follow the stickers on their seats. I have a 33 lb MA and will turn ds ff when he reaches that weight. The 3 yo crash test dummy weighs 34 lbs said:
Oh yes, I know it's not retroactive, and we actually had our oldest ds FF in his BV and FPSVD for a few weeks once he hit 33lbs. We just bought some new Radians and so he is RF again - that was important to me especially seeing as he's not even 2 yet, just big for his age.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC