Dodge Caliber head rest question

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Has anyone installed in one? I was picking up some seats from a fellow freecycler, and I checked her car seat while there. She had a FP RF, very nice. Also a TB for the older child. The headrests are non movable and slanted forward. It creates a gap at about shoulder level for the booster kid. Has anyone else dealt with this?

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Has anyone installed in one? I was picking up some seats from a fellow freecycler, and I checked her car seat while there. She had a FP RF, very nice. Also a TB for the older child. The headrests are non movable and slanted forward. It creates a gap at about shoulder level for the booster kid. Has anyone else dealt with this?

My boss has one of these and has had the same issues. She had to move her middle ds to a low back booster due to this issue. She couldn't get her MA installed outboard at all only position it would work was center. She is just glad this is dad's vehicle & her Ody is their primary vehicle.

scatterbunny

Didn't the Jeep Commander have this same issue--forward-tilting fixed headrests that interfered with many forward-facing seats and boosters? :( I think I've also heard the Oldsmobile Alero has this problem. I'd try to find low-profile seats that have a very low (or no) base, that will fit just below the headrest. Beyond that, I have no idea. What a bad design!

Marinesfamily5

the dodge Journey has the same problem...
and sadly there is no real fix other the cutting the headrests out.. not recommended

I hope Dodge realizes this is an issue and fixes the problem

missinoh

the dodge Journey has the same problem...
and sadly there is no real fix other the cutting the headrests out.. not recommended

I hope Dodge realizes this is an issue and fixes the problem

The Journey's headrests are adjustable or you can take them out though, at least in the second row. The third rows headrests are fixed. I agree with all you though that those kind of headrests are awful.

cpsaddict

My bff has a Calibur and getting the Marathon outboard is tricky. If I put all my weight(a lot, trust me! :) ) in and tighten it, I can get it in good, but it is REALLY upright. I'm not totally comfortable with it. The whole back is not touch the seat of the car. The Radian fit perfectly and so does the Uptown, but the base on the Marathon seems to interfere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC