Borders deal- YMMV

keri1292

I'm getting 6 books for $7.89, but I got a tracking number. :confused: I chose to pick it up at the store.

This website is a disaster. I can't believe that they haven't just pulled the plug on the whole thing. :whistle:

ADS

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I got this error message

We're sorry. This feature is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Are you saying my CC was probably already charged? Of course it's only $3 so it's not going to break me but should I just wait it out and see if it actually worked? And I'm glad you guys warned me about how slow their site is. I would be pretty ticked right now if I wasn't forewarned.

4boysmom

Lucky ducks, the furthest I have got thus far is entering my adress and shipping preference and then it craps out with various messages or white screens...

4boysmom

when that happened in the shopping cart it had gone into the cart so I assume the same for the other parts as well as long as you were far enough into the process of checking out.

I got this error message

Are you saying my CC was probably already charged? Of course it's only $3 so it's not going to break me but should I just wait it out and see if it actually worked? And I'm glad you guys warned me about how slow their site is. I would be pretty ticked right now if I wasn't forewarned.

4boysmom

can someone attempt to try and place any order now for me to see if it is my connection or if the website is just so craptified that I am never getting through... at this point I can't even get signed in see the cart and click to get the order process started...

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Yesterday, I received a shipping confirmation for two items. Today, I received the other 12 items via FedEx.

natysr

I get all the way through check out. It seems to accept my credit card, but then when I hit the final "order now" button, I get an error that says "We're sorry, but we are unable to process your order at this time." :thumbsdown:

ErinGoBragh

They must be running really late. Mine actually shipped 4 days ago, but the confirmation came this morning. Shipped from NJ if anyone is interested.

TerisBoys

Mine shipped from Hammond, IN.

The wierder thing is the one that shipped solo Monday shipped UPS, and that tracking number is invalid.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I get the same error, but before I even start checkout. I have tried with Firefox and I.E. I could really use some books for gifts for my kids and their cousins, and I am on a very tight budget these days. Does it seem to matter how many "free" books you have in your cart? My total right now is $8.79 with quite a few cheaper books in my cart (like $2.99 and less ones).

ETA: I just tried to go through to checkout again and it wants me to download an application/octect-stream file called BordersCardLogonCmd?? Which if I try to just open it and not save it to disk, it does nothing anyway! Wah, I want some books! lol

ErinGoBragh

I think as long as you don't have a negative then you are fine. I ordered a bunch of $3.99 board books for my 17 month old, then a bunch of $7.99 books for my olders.

4boysmom

ETA: I just tried to go through to checkout again and it wants me to download an application/octect-stream file called BordersCardLogonCmd?? Which if I try to just open it and not save it to disk, it does nothing anyway! Wah, I want some books! lol

I swear the make you go through every possible scenerio on every single click screen. My only advice is to keep at it. I haven't made it through yet but am getting closer:rolleyes:

4boysmom

I get all the way through check out. It seems to accept my credit card, but then when I hit the final "order now" button, I get an error that says "We're sorry, but we are unable to process your order at this time." :thumbsdown:

yep me too although I think I have been further twice and the next screen is conforming my cc for a 2nd or third time. I swear the site is like talking to a preschooler always asking "what, what, what I didn't hear you what, can you tell me that again what what, are you sure, what, nevermind, oh and I forgot what you said can you tell me again" :mad: If you look at the top of that error screen what is the website reading, mine ends in "checkoutpayment view error payment view"

Mommy2Five

Just wanted to add another beware!
Every time you click the confirm order button, the money is reserved again!
I have 5 pending $40 charges on my acct, and never even got my order placed :mad: (getting DD the Junie B. Jones Boxed sets for her B-Day) I decided to go to Barnes and Nobles instead...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC