Borders deal- YMMV

crunchierthanthou

Through August 8, 2008, you can take $5 off any item at borders.com

use promotional code: BR41925. It will take $5 off each item in your cart. The catch is that you can only apply one discount at a time, so if you find something on sale, it will either be the sale price or $5 off, whichever is the bigger discount.

Free shipping for in store pick-up.

The glitch is that your cart total has to be greater than zero. You can't find a bunch of $4.99 or less items, use the code and choose free pick-up. You'll keep getting an error and it won't confirm your order. However, you can add 1 item for $5.99 and as many as you'd like for less than 5 bucks and pay only $0.99 total.

I got a bunch of kids books for birthday gifts and such. I'm fully expecting my order to be cancelled, but figured it was worth a shot. :)

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Ooo! Thanks for the tip! Their site is so new that it's still a bit glitchy, and when I placed my order last weekend, I had $5 in "Borders Bucks" that it "used" but it didn't actually deduct the $5 from my total. I e-mailed them about it, and they haven't gotten back to me.

HEVY

I did it, took forever. I ordered 20 books for .99 but half are backordered. Then I remembered I needed one more book and tried to place another order, of course it records the IP address so couldn't do it.
Thanks for letting us know!

mommy2env

I did it, took forever. I ordered 20 books for .99 but half are backordered. Then I remembered I needed one more book and tried to place another order, of course it records the IP address so couldn't do it.
Thanks for letting us know!

So, you can only do one transaction? :confused:

Or do you just check out for every item?

mommy2env

Any books you ladies recommend for an 8 yr old and a 2 yr old? :eek:

I always buy what catches my eye, but my eyes hurt. :ROTFLMAO:

crunchierthanthou

How do you choose in-store pickup? :confused:

it's on the left on the page where you enter your email and billing address. put in your city/state and it will bring up a list of the nearest ones to you.

So, you can only do one transaction? :confused:

Or do you just check out for every item?

no, you can do more than one order for multiple items. just check out as a guest so you can reuse the code (rather than registering).

How much is shipping otherwise? My closest Borders is an hour away.

It's not cheap. I think it was estimating $30+ on shipping on um, more than a couple books. :eek:

and as I was typing this I received a shipping confirmation. :thumbsup:

TerisBoys

It's not cheap. I think it was estimating $30+ on shipping on um, more than a couple books. :eek:

I just noticed they have free shipping over $25....Wondering if that'll work with the code. (Off to try).

That'd be a LOT of books for cheap :)

ETA - $25+ *AFTER* the discount does get you free shipping.

Now...What do the boyz want for Christmas is the big question :)

HEVY

The free shipping doesn't work if you use the $5 code. I tried using guest a few times and it kept saying I have already used that promo. So I went to DH pc and worked without a problem. The book I went back for the second order is also back ordered. Out of 45 books 28 are backordered.:thumbsdown:

HEVY

:jaw:
you really took advantage of that. I thought I was being greedy at 14. :whistle:

:eek: Now I feel bad, really, really bad :(

It's actually 34, that website is crazy there where some that doubled and I tried to delete but the website kept going offline so I thought they were still on the order. I looked at the e-mails and there are still a few that are doubled. They can't possibly not know that was gonna happen, right?

AmRo

It also works on DVDs and CDs! I ordered 17 items for $28 (I did get the free shipping). I wonder if they'll void these orders when they realize the error of their (website's) ways... :question:

PS. If you delete your cookies, you can use the promo code again. :)

Last edited:

ErinGoBragh

Thanks!

I just ordered 19 books. The total was $99 before the discount. I ended up paying $13 with free shipping to a local store.

These are definitely going to be put away for Xmas!

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
12 hours later, and I've finally got my order placed. Two of them, actually. I had trouble with other coupon codes & discounted items canceling out the $5 off code, so I split off everything questionable and ordered it separately. With the $5 off code, I got 14 books worth $138.78 for $69.80! (And, yes, the free shipping worked.)

I have to say, I don't feel nearly as bad about them screwing up my Borders Bucks now. ;)

AmRo

FYI - if you had a difficult time placing your order (i.e. had to click the 'order now' button multiple times before you succeeded in getting an order confirmation), you probably want to check with your credit card. It seems that even though the site was giving customers error messages, the charges were actually being processed.

I have two identical Borders charges pending on my cc (it took me two tries to submit my order), but a friend of mine has 10 charges for one order.

keri1292

FYI - if you had a difficult time placing your order (i.e. had to click the 'order now' button multiple times before you succeeded in getting an order confirmation), you probably want to check with your credit card. It seems that even though the site was giving customers error messages, the charges were actually being processed.

I have two identical Borders charges pending on my cc (it took me two tries to submit my order), but a friend of mine has 10 charges for one order.

:eek:

I got that message SEVERAL times.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC