Here we go again... Britax customer service

Marinesfamily5

my hugs are torn and adjuster strap on 3/08 regent frayed!

so I called and got Helen... (is that good or bad?)
she told me to send pics and they aould be calling me

:whistle:

how likely is it they will replace my adjuster strap? If I have to pay $25 (after shipping) I will be beyond pissed!

ADS

melniemi

They will likely be under warranty. Your regent is new. I'm not sure how hugs would get torn w/o someone ripping on them, but the adjuster strap shouldn't fray.

lorinick

my hugs are torn and adjuster strap on 3/08 regent frayed!

so I called and got Helen... (is that good or bad?)
she told me to send pics and they aould be calling me

:whistle:

how likely is it they will replace my adjuster strap? If I have to pay $25 (after shipping) I will be beyond pissed!

Where and when did you buy your seat from? Can you return it? Let them send it back to Britax and you get another one.

Marinesfamily5

Where and when did you buy your seat from? Can you return it? Let them send it back to Britax and you get another one.

online during the darn sale.. DH got it for me... I think from babyuniverse.. I will have to ask him

I took hugs off my daughters seat... a 2.5 year old should not be able to tear them!

amy919

Ah, my friend Helen. Call back and hope for someone else. I had an issue with my MA and had daily conversations with Helen for almost an entire week. Lots of promises, seemingly helpful, but NOT responsive. I finally get fed up dealing with her, called and got someone else who sent me out a replacement that day.

Marinesfamily5

ohh wow! they actually called back like they said they would... and they are sending me new hugs and a new adjuster strap! :thumbsup:
I'm happy now :D I haven't always had the best experiences so this was a nice change...

they are sending me grey hugs instead of tan too... which I think will look okay on my Sahara until I can get an onyx cover :thumbsup:

brightredmtn

Helen is an idiot in my experience. I just dealt with a male and got a whole new seat for an out of warranty broken Roundabout and I just had to send back the cover and harness.

Marinesfamily5

HPIM0821.jpg

one of the hugs

HPIM0818.jpg

fraying in 3 places!
HPIM0817.jpg

Mom to a few

My HUGS did the same thing on one of my Blvds--my other Blvd was fine (and they were the same age, color, etc). I called Britax about it, and they sent me new ones right away at no charge. My HUGS that tore were being used RF, so when they sent me new ones, I just left them off until ds reached the RF weight limit and turned FF. We've never had any other problems with any of our HUGS.

In our case at least, the torn HUGS were not due to abuse/misuse. I think buckling without loosening the harness can make it more likely to happen :twocents:.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Yikes, that is some serious fraying :eek:

Did I read correctly that you took the HUGS off of a Regent?

crunchierthanthou

:confused: so did you drag it on the ground or did a pet get to it? maybe a mouse? That's some pretty major fraying that wouldn't come from regular harness adjusting- especially where it's way down at the end where it doesn't even move through the adjuster. Usally, the fraying we see is just a bit of fuzziness on the edges (and fraying is maybe even too strong a word for it in most cases).

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
:confused: so did you drag it on the ground or did a pet get to it? maybe a mouse? That's some pretty major fraying that wouldn't come from regular harness adjusting- especially where it's way down at the end where it doesn't even move through the adjuster. Usally, the fraying we see is just a bit of fuzziness on the edges (and fraying is maybe even too strong a word for it in most cases).

I agree, that is not normal wear and tear damage. I can't even imagine you would let the straps out that loose.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I wonder if it got caught in the vehicle door or maybe the front seat track when the seat got adjusted. I agree it needs to be replaced but doesn't look like normal fraying issues. It appears to be something else. I know in my Tahoe the adjuster straps on our Regent are long enough even with kids harnessed to reach the door or to the seat track even easier with out kids in them and the harnesses pulled tight. Those adjuster straps are super long.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC