Marathon question

U

Unregistered

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can tell me how long an average size girl - both height and weight- will use the Britax Marathon. Thanks.

ADS

oxeye

My DD1 is 50th percentile in height and is just above the third slots in the Marathon. I imagine she would fit for a couple more years - probably age 6.5 to 7. I won't keep her in that seat that long, though as I think other harnessed seats are more comfortable for older children.

CandCfam

My DD outgrew hears at 5 yrs 8 months & 47+ lbs. She is 50% for h&w.

My youngest seems to be growing all in torso lately, and I think she won't last as long in hers as her sister did - she is currently 4.6 months old.
Who knows though, I thought for sure my oldest would have outgrown her MA before she did, because her shoulders hovered around those top slots for a long time.

skaterbabs

My DD is tall for her age, she'll be five in October and based on current growth should fit in her MA until December or January.

firemomof3

Here is my daughter at 4.5y/o 41lbs. and 43" tall and she fit in the Marathon just fine:
warmweather018.jpg

Ahzryn

It seems most kids make it to around 6. Even the tallest/longest torso kids have lasted well into 4 on one extreme, and I think the record for the oldest kid is 8 on the other?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC