There is no such thing as a low back booster.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
It's a backless booster. It doesn't have a low back - there is no back.

Every time I see LBB I cringe. It's not proper terminology and people might search for "low back booster" and find pretty much nothing.

BB would be proper. LBB is not. Everyone used to just use BB and that's wonderful, but even BLB would be ok.

:cool!:

ADS

keri1292

I'm sure that I'm guilty of this, but I've read it elsewhere so I assumed it was interchangeable.

A child is too large for the seat if:
The child weighs more than the seat's upper weight limit.
The top of the child's ears are above the top of the booster seat (high back booster) or vehicle seat back (low back booster).
The seat is too narrow or too short.
~ http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/boosterbasics.aspx

It's also the term used in this Safe Kids pdf... http://www.ctsafekids.org/pdf_files/FAQ for CT.pdf

If it's not an accepted term, as a tech, I'll try to be sure I say backless booster. However, we've seen pretty much every question known to man here and I've yet to see anyone confused on what exactly a low back booster would be.

Mama!

It's a backless booster. It doesn't have a low back - there is no back.

Every time I see LBB I cringe. It's not proper terminology and people might search for "low back booster" and find pretty much nothing.

BB would be proper. LBB is not. Everyone used to just use BB and that's wonderful, but even BLB would be ok.

:cool!:
I thought Ii'd get spanked if I said No back booster. I think I say LBB b/c that's what I always see. :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:shrug-shoulders: Been hearing the term for 10+ years now, it's never seemed to confuse anyone...

I think I've been saying backless for awhile now, though.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
:shrug-shoulders: Been hearing the term for 10+ years now, it's never seemed to confuse anyone...

I think I've been saying backless for awhile now, though.

I usually say backless but type/write LBB because that seems to be the abbreviation that everyone uses.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I was beginning to think I was the only one who thinks that low back booster is false. It makes me think of a booster with a back that stops at the child's mid back.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I go back and forth with the terms but agree lowback as opposed to backless can be confusing, and I'll try to be more mindful of the terminology. No promises, though, old habits die hard. :eek:

scatterbunny

I admit that the term "LBB" or "lowback booster" bothers me, too. :eek: I'm pretty sure I always call them backless boosters.

mish

I'm pretty sure I say low back, and I think that is what I was taught in tech class. It is false though. You are right. I will try to remember to say backless.

raelynn

Senior Community Member
I've always said "backless" but type it as LBB. I never thought about it until now lol.

Kat_Momof3

I've always called them backless boosters or No-back boosters or nbb's.

it does bug me a little, but I've seen the term EVERYWHERE and know it just got too well ingrained.

when I see lbb or low-back booster, I briefly picture a booster with the back, but not the headrest (which I've seen some people use)

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I really don't think the term lbb is confusing. Is it misleading and not actually a good description? Sure. But parents understand what a lbb is. It doesn't both me at all, but I use lbb all the time. When talking I say backless but when typing I use the term lbb.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC