Oh my...how can I tell her?

Baileybb

My friend sent me an email today saying:
"Jacob is a big boy sitting in his big boy car seat!"
.....he JUST turned 6months. Check this picture out...

zjuird.jpg

How can I tell her that she completly messed up?

ADS

sunnymw

Wow, FFing, aftermarket straps, and is that a LATCH strap I see him holding??? :eek:

I don't even know how I'd word a response, but I would definitely take the time to write out a response!!! Any chance that it's just a joke and he's sitting in an older sibling's seat??

emars002

well, i think the sticker on that seat should say for 1 yr AND 20lbs so hopefully if she reads that it will be enough - if not, just try to explain the size of their head and how it is so heavy for their little spines and really could cause him serious injury. If that doesn't work - go for the you tube videos of crash tests - i'm sure she was just excited to turn them around - i thought before i knew better it was so great DD1 hit 1 yr and i could turn her - i have no idea why some of us find turning htem FF so exciting but if i had a little bit of info i would have never done it. Hopefuuly she'll be receptive:)

Baileybb

Nope- he is the only child...

I will let her know. She hates getting advice from me since I do not have any children of my own (yet, I know more about car seats than her...)

I think sending her a video would be good.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
He's a cutie. You could send her the links about forward facing too soon and after market products from www.cpsafety.com. Also, if you don't have her permission to post her baby's picture, you'll need to take the picture down. :eek:

Baileybb

Oh sorry- I forget to mention that I did have her permission. She knows I come to a car seat forum (and laughs at me for doing so!)

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Try sending the video that the girl did for her sister...as the child's aunt. I think it's done very lovingly.

Susan

PixieEMT

How big is this "big boy" at 6months?

I would give her the AAP recommendations too when you send her the email!

capeKO71

I would start out by being funny like:

warning: information from you carseat know it all friend (lol)

I just have to tell you, because I love XYZ so much, and I would hate for anything to happent to him, especially if I knew I could have prevented it, but XYZ is so much safer rear facing (not to mention the whole law thing) - do me 1 favor and just check out this video. If you want some help finding an approriate seat, let me know. The seat you are using is a forward facing only seat - but there are lots of seats that can go backwards and forwards.

Something like that...

sunnymw

I would start out by being funny like:

warning: information from you carseat know it all friend (lol)

I just have to tell you, because I love XYZ so much, and I would hate for anything to happent to him, especially if I knew I could have prevented it, but XYZ is so much safer rear facing (not to mention the whole law thing) - do me 1 favor and just check out this video. If you want some help finding an approriate seat, let me know. The seat you are using is a forward facing only seat - but there are lots of seats that can go backwards and forwards.

Something like that...
:thumbsup:sounds like something i'd write

courtfrog2

Are you sure it's not a joke? Just because she knows you are a carseat guru and that it would upset you.

It's something my friends would do to me. I'm hoping this person knows better and just wants to get a rise out of you!

Let's hope!

Baileybb

Thanks everyone!

I emailed her yesterday and explained to her what was wrong. I also sent a video.

She called me today informing me that she was going to get a different car seat today. She just sent me these pictures. Does it looks okay? At least it is RF! I know the chest clip is still low- but it confuses me...the pads are in the way so how can she put the clip up more? She asked me to point out any thing that may be wrong- but I know you guys are better at this than me!

29lz9d0.jpg

ve6dl0.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC