So bummed. Returning EFTA

all together ooky

I was so hyped yesterday when I found an EFTA for $70 on clearance at Target. So today I tried installing it RF in both of our cars (DH took the motorcycle to work). It installed fine in the minivan. A little trickier in the Alero. But, I couldn't turn the knobs or even just push the red tab to release the harness. The knob was squashed into the seat. Ugh. So now I'm returning it. At least someone else will get a good bargain and I'll just save up for a Nautilus instead (not for the baby). I never liked the knobs anyway. :whistle:

ADS

sunnymw

Ugh sorry... the knobs were the only reason I opted for a different seat for GMIL's car. Why can't they just make one absolutely perfect seat? LOL.

pastrygirl

I helped to install an EFTA at a car seat check, and releasing the harness was such a pain! And the knobs were really pushed into the vehicle seat. We were able to easily loosen the harness at one point but then not at another. I felt like a dope, but the parents said that they just had to keep trying and get used to it... but at least now I know it's not an uncommon problem. It's been bothering me for a month now!

MomofOlivia407

Oh, I'm so sorry. I LOVE my EFTA and LOVE the knobs. And I guess I'm lucky because they don't push into the seat back.

And wow, $70!!!!!!!! I think I have to call my Target! I LOVE that Barley Twist from there!!! I might just have to get that for gma's car!!

solmama

Sorry the EFTA didn't work out for you.

On a side note: Target no longer carries the Barley Twist pattern. The new cover is much more attractive than the Barley twist. It's dark chocolate brown with sage/mintish accents. The cover is very plush and texturized. I like it even better than the Barley Twist.

solmama

Sorry the EFTA didn't work out for you.

On a side note: Target no longer carries the Barley Twist pattern. The new cover is much more attractive than the Barley twist. It's dark chocolate brown with sage/mintish accents. The cover is very plush and texturized. I like it even better than the Barley Twist. It made me want mint chocolate chip ice cream-that's what it looked like:).

And the new Marathon cover is gorgeous too. My dd loved it!

mamaofthree

Are the knobs on the EFTA diff than the orig Triumph? I never had a prob with the knobs when my orig Triumph was RF. :confused: I love the knobs!! If I can find one on clearance I'm getting it for dh's car so the 2 yo and 4 yo can both use it since the harness adjusts easily.

Kimberly

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've found different ways of positioning the seat in my truck so there's less interference between the vehicle seat and the knobs. When the seat is installed more upright, it's definitely easier to access the knobs. They were really squished for the first while and it was really cold to boot, so releasing it was a bit of a pain the first while.

Something someone told me about the knobs is that the release mechanism gets a little easier to operate as it's used more. I tightened & released the harness a whole bunch of times in the house before using it since I knew the cold would make it more difficult.. even so, it has definitely become easier to depress the tab over the last 6mos and I expect this winter they'll be easy to use - although they're also not jammed into the seat the same way either. ;)

Sorry it didn't work out for you. It was really a great price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC