I'm covered in bruises!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
For those of you who haven't been through this, that means I'm official now! :p I took my written test this morning, only missed 3 stupid trick questions, lol, and then I did my first check this afternoon. It was SOOOO much fun, I can't wait to do it again (hopefully on the 22nd)! I have no voice at all and my knees and both wrists and hands are so bruised. :) I checked w/ another person in my class and overall we did 10 seats I think, one was installed right and it was just the base, no baby, so I can't comment on strap usage, etc, but it was in right. So, that actually is what the state average is,90% error rate. And that's of the 60% who use seats! Anyways, it was great, we got kinda spoiled b/c for the most part we had nice cars and brand new seats, so nothing yucky. We had one creative dad try to use the seatbelt and then latch the latch hooks under the seat to make it better. :eek: We confiscated one seat which was great and overall I think there were about 120 seats checked. Good luck to those of you who are starting soon (I know Papoose is)!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Woohoooo! WTG :) ^5

I'm off right now to drive up there -- my guy figured out a way to babysit *WHEW* (he rescheduled his appointments & is filling up their time walking & busing to the Museums, Zoo, Libraries, etc. :D She be an *experience* for the both of them, LOL :p (Won't be around for a week....)

LuvBug

awesome! and good luck tiff! My class will be the end of the month, I am so excited!

I totally forgot about how I always get sore after installing certain seats lol!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congratulations on completing your class and hope the bruises fade quickly. I've wound up with a few bruises, torn fingernails and scraped knuckles from wrestling with our seats, especially in the Saturns we used to have.

And good luck to papooses with her class this week, too. I'm living vicariously through your experiences and hope to follow in your footsteps at some point in the future.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Congrats on passing! I hate trick questions!

I am always covered in bruises after checks, but its so worth it!

Rachel

Tara

Yea!! Congrats Jennifer!! :)

And best of luck, have fun Tiff :D

~from me..who is also living vicariously through you class takers right now hehe

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Good Job! That sounds like so much fun! I want so bad to get certified. Good luck, Tiff! We all know you can do it!

I wish i could get certified but the closest class is 3 hours away (we had one 1 and a half but i skipped it hopping for closer :rollseyes: ). By the time i'm off bedrest and cleared for travel i'll be too big to install in anything smaller than a hummer. After the twins are born i cant get leave all 4 kids for 4 days especially since we plan on BFing and they'll need at least 4 days worth of BM. So it could be nearly a year before i get certified. Hopefully by then i'll still want to. :) (i'm sure i will)

skaterbabs

Joyjoy was 18 mos when I was certified, and it was a really tough week, but so worth it. The worst part of the entire week though was the 2nd day when I got home. She was downstairs with DH and heard the door open and stood at the bottom of the stairs crying for me like I'd broken her heart. :*( I'd say it took a good 2 weeks before the clingies went away, but she's done pretty well since. Granted, I haven't left her for 8 hrs a day 4 days straight again. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC