Stupid Regent Crotch buckle Question

Mama!

I disrobed and washed my Regent cover yesterday,and as I had it naked I noticed that there aren't 2 slots on the shell for the crotch buckle. :confused: I thought there were 2...one for under 50 lbs and one for over.

All that we have is an extra slot on the cover. How is 1 inch of fabric supposed to change the direction of the strap? :confused: There should be another slot on the shell!

ADS

ginny4

omg really? you don't have 2 in the shell? that is weird i'mgonna check mine to. but i say call britax

just checked i have ONE TOO!!! holy moly i had no idea. is this normal????

crunchierthanthou

Are you sure? There should be two. IIRC, one is fairly far forward. Can you take a picture?

If you truly only have one, you need to contact Britax (and NHTSA) asap.

MomToEliEm

I know mine has two as I recently moved my buckle to the other slot (and promptly moved it back when I realized it was too far away for my 50lb+ child).

Hopefully you can get an answer to your question pretty quickly, but if not, I can take some pictures tonight.

bobbysgirl7103

Yes, if it only has one I would definitely call Britax. I know both of mine have two because I fiddled around with them when I got them.

ginny4

i just took a pic of mine.....DOM is 2/08 did they change the style in the newer ones?
CarSeat077.jpg

MomToEliEm

Mine looks just like the picture ginny4 took. For the second buckle position, I treaded mine through the same opening that the harness adjuster goes through. If you look on the bottom of the seat, there is an indention where the lock plate thing on the buckle is suppose to sit when using that buckle position. Both the harness adjuster strap and the buckle strap are through the same opening, but they didn't seem to interfere with each other. Hopefully someone will let me know if I didn't thread mine correctly (though I am not currently using that position as it didn't fit my child well so I moved it back).

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The Husky is the same - the outer position for the crotch strap is the same hole as the harness adjuster.

IMG_1006.jpg

ginny4

oh OK. that's weird that its the same slot as the adjuster. that seems SO far forward. it will take alot of time for that to be a necessary one for DD

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I have 2 Regents in my truck both '07 models (post advisory 10/07 & pre advisory 5/07). Both only have 1 hole slot. Our are not a square looking hole like ginny posted our are more of a skinny angled hole but you can feel that there is enough room in the harness adjuster for the 2nd position. My girls are skinny so I don't think we will ever need the 2nd slot as it would be to far forward for them. Dh has a Regent in his truck (which is at work with him now) that is an early spring '06 model. I'll look at that one when he gets home this evening.

Mama!

I have the 1 hole for smaller kids, then the only other hole has the adjuster strap in it. I can't imagine why they'd do that. The adjuster strap AND the metal holding plate for the crotch buckle in the SAME hole? Really? and the forward most hole faces almost dead forward too. :thumbsdown:

bobbysgirl7103

I never actually turned mine over to change the buckle length. I just felt through the cover and moved it. So I'm sure mine are the same as those pictures. I just assumed they had 2 slots just for the buckle. Next time I take one out I'll have to look.

Yoshi

I noticed this on my '07 Regent- one hole plus adjuster strap hole. I swear my '06 Regent had two separate openings.....:confused: I don't think DD will ever need the outer one.

Mama!

I'd love for people to check under their Regents to see if there are 2 openings besides the strap adjuster hole.

Mommypooh

well my friend has a regent and I was confused at where the extra slot was and just assumed it was the adjuster slot. I believe it is 11/07 DOM

I will have to check mine when I go out here in a bit and post back later today.

jdubsm

I have two '05 Regents and one '07. They both look just the same as Defrosts on the bottom. And thanks for making me look cause now I need to uninstall all three and vacuum the seats of my van. :rolleyes:

Mama!

So wouldnt having that crotch buckle metal on teh bottom of the harness adjuster hole make it hard to pull and loosen the harness strap?

bobbysgirl7103

I just went out and checked mine. It is the same as the photos. I have the buckle through the adjuster opening. It has been hard to pull, but when I looked close at it I realized why. My DS stuck a nickel and dime in the hole and I think it was messing with the smooth pull. :rolleyes: Now I know to check for foreign objects on a regular basis.

Mommy2Five

My Huskies are the same as the ones pictured. I was perplexed at first, until I read the manuals all the way through.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC