Lifesavers anyone?

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
So, is anyone else going to Lifesavers? I will be flying in on Saturday night and then leaving on Tuesday night. Frank is staying in WA with my dad - 4 whole days without Mommy! He's never spent a night away from me, so it may be rough, but I think he'll do okay. My dad is so excited to have Frank for a few days, he's taking time off work and they are going to go do all kinds of fun stuff. So, let me know if you are going to Lifesavers, I'd love to meet some of the people I "talk" to on here in real life, lol! This is my first time to Lifesavers, so those of you who have been before, is there anything I MUST do while I'm there? Can't wait, I'll tell you all about it when I get back!

ADS

Longhorn Lady

Not going to Lifesavers but these are the times I really wish I were a Tech since I live in Austin.

BTW: I live in a very nice one bedroom apartment in Austin and will be out of town the whole weekend of Lifesavers, so if anyone knows of someone that is tight on funds, and/or doesn't have a hotel, I'd be more than happy to have someone stay here for the weekend. Just want to throw that out there. Feel free to PM me.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I wish, and maybe next year, but I doubt it since I'll have an infant again. Me and all my babies! lol I know my instructor will be there and several others that helped w/ my class as well, they are great. I'm pretty sure Ann King is teaching a few break out sessions, probably for the nurses. Have fun~

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
I can't go this year, found out about it too late to arrange childcare and pay for a flight... But, I do plan on going next year and it will be in chicago then, so the drive from detroit won't be too bad.. Have fun, and please tell us all about it when you return!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Frank's Mommy said:
So, is anyone else going to Lifesavers? I will be flying in on Saturday night and then leaving on Tuesday night. Frank is staying in WA with my dad - 4 whole days without Mommy! He's never spent a night away from me, so it may be rough, but I think he'll do okay. My dad is so excited to have Frank for a few days, he's taking time off work and they are going to go do all kinds of fun stuff. So, let me know if you are going to Lifesavers, I'd love to meet some of the people I "talk" to on here in real life, lol! This is my first time to Lifesavers, so those of you who have been before, is there anything I MUST do while I'm there? Can't wait, I'll tell you all about it when I get back!

I will be there too. I get in on Sunday and leave right after the conf. is over. I am driving since I live in Texas (Dallas area) so only a 4hr drive. I was going to take the school bus course but had to give my spot to another one of our techs as my dd's soccer team made play offs and her last game is this Sat. So I couldn't miss the game & after party.

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm going. Arriving Saturday night and leaving Tuesday afternoon. I'll be signing off tech's seats for recert on Tuesday from 7:30 to 8:30. Hope I'll see some of you.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm going! I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one bringing a baby, so look for the gal wearing the sling, that's me :D.

Anything that's a must-do?...Hmm... is there a 'chat with the carseat reps' class? That's a good one. Otherwise, you can't go wrong, most of the classes are great. I might do a more advanced crash-dynamics one this year if offered, even if it's not a CPS one, just because I think I'm pretty clear on the CPS stuff. I'm a geek, I hang out with the Britax people when possible...even hunt them down at lunch (eeek! deranged fan alert!) (just kidding!). And I love what CHOP is doing and find Dr Flaura Winston to be a great speaker, if she's there. And there's a SafetyBeltSafe Social... that usually has good food and lots of CPSPListers hanging around. Usually there's 5 or so of us following Darren around, but he won't be there, boo hoo... we'll just have to glom onto some other cute guy this year ;)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Quick question - do you have to be a tech to go to Lifesavers? Don't worry, I'm not planning on crashing the event or anything. :) I'm just wondering because it sounds so interesting to this carseat geek who aspires to be a tech some day. :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for the reply and for the link. Now to convince my DH one of these days...

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
"Why Should You Attend Lifesavers?

Conference attendees come from the public and private sectors and represent many career fields. Lifesavers draws attendees from:

Child passenger safety professionals
State and local law enforcement
Community traffic safety programs
State and local emergency medical services, and public health
Injury prevention programs
Federal and state highway safety agencies
Prosecutors and judges involved in traffic safety issues
The automotive and insurance industries
Advocacy and research "

So just about anyone. I wish i could go. The CPS workshops sound great, which ones you you guys plan on attending?

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, weren't we called "Darren's Harem?" LOL! I'm going too and I'll be hanging around Julie too--too bad they don't make an adult-sized sling so she could wear me :D. I've actually started a blog to report back on all the goings-on of the conference and once I figure it out a bit (it's my first blog :)), I'll post the link.

skaterbabs

I wish I culd go, but Livesavers just wasn't happening this year. Still working on whether or not we can make it to KIM.

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
Darren, or anyone else... what is the difference between KIM and Lifesavers. I can't go to lifesavers this year, but I might be able to go to KIM.. Thanks!

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
Can't wait to meet everyone! Do you all want to try to meet for lunch one day? If you want to meet pm me where you are staying and I will get you my cell phone number. I have my computer with me here in WA and will be taking it with me to Austin, but I don't know if I will be able to get online.
Darren - I was looking forward to hanging out with your "harem" with the other girl, lol! Too bad I won't be going to KIM, it's my Grandmother's 80th birthday that weekend, so if the dr's will let me fly I will be going to Ohio to be with her and my mom's family (big party).
For those of you not going, maybe next year we can meet! I'm sure we will all fill you in when we get back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC