Who wants to measure their seats for me?

BeckC

I'm compiling a list of different convertible car seats for a friend. One of the things I'd like to include is bottom and top harness heights and the distance from the back crease of the seat to the top of the shell. I know that kids fit differently in seats depending on how they're installed, but this is just to kind of do some pre-shopping comparison. I'd also like the approximate weight of the seats to compare for airline travel. The seats I'd like the info on are:

Cosco Scenera
Safety 1st Avenue (or Uptown - same shell, right?)
EFTA (with and without infant padding)
True Fit (with and without infant padding)
Radian
MA/BLVD/Dec
Roundabout/Diplomat
Recaro Como
Recaro Signo

TIA!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I can do the Scenera and BV for you.

The BV is currently installed in my mother's car, though, so I don't have immediate access to it. Sorry!

firemomof3

I only get 18" for top harness height on one of my signos but 19" on the other? Bottom height is 11.75"

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Cosco Scenera:

Without cover:
S8000831.jpg
S8000833.jpg

With cover:
S8000838.jpg
S8000839.jpg

Crotch strap:
S8000840.jpg

To the top of shell:
S8000835.jpg

sunnymw

I don't love ya enough to take it out and weigh it, but I WAS able to do the Uptown before I started getting rained on.

I don't know if it's the car or if it's the seat, but this is the uptown installed in an 07 Civic... for a toddler... with a 3-noodle tower.
1stbath005.jpg

1stbath007.jpg

1stbath008.jpg

Top of shell... is exactly where the fabric ends. I felt :)
1stbath009.jpg

ETA: I want to do the strap heights again w/o cover... the cover doesn't line up exactly w/ the harness slots. But it'll be tonight or tomorrow before that vehicle gets back ;)

PixieEMT

The top harness slot for the Boulevard is 16". I've measured it several times and that's what Britax says also. I bought mine from the KDMF , they had it listed as 17.5 max. I'm a little bummed about that.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
There's also Jenny's Recommended Seats List

The tape measure looks slightly crooked in the slot measurement pic's, I was holding with one hand and taking with the other - I made sure to match up for the visual height on the measuring tape what it actually had measured when using 2 hands to measure. ;) It is worth noting though that kids fit seats differently than what they measure in many cases.

MA:

Top shell height:
2389163184_d52a937e2c.jpg

Top slot height:
2388332001_c625fe8921.jpg

(This might have been closer to 17", it was a solid 16.5" at the least, but definitely not over 17")

EFTA:
Top harness height:
2389160262_fbef387f72.jpg

For some reason I didn't take a pic of the shell height of the EFTA, but it measured 1" less than the MA. That should be taken with a grain of salt though because with an actual kid in it, the EFTA offers more shell height when rf'ing than the MA. :shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC