What would cause you to buy a new car or van?....

emandbri

I love my 2004 8 seater sienna SOOOOO much! It would take quite a bit for me to trade it in!

Three things come to mind.

Rear-facing seats like on the new caravans but I want them for all seats and want to be able to put car seats in them.

4 point seat belts

and a hybrid van

ADS

pastrygirl

Winning some money in the lottery. ;)

I'd love a new car now, but don't need one any time soon. I only have about 70k miles. I'd love a car with LATCH, side air bags, and electronic stability control (basically, any new car). 4- or 5-point seat belts would be a bonus! I probably would trade in right now if such seat belts were available.

mamaofthree

Hmmm, the right bargain I guess. And finding something we'd fit in that gets better gas mileage. I have an 04 Sienna and I'm tired of it. The gas mileage is horrible- 15 mpg around town. I'm tired of driving something so big, even though I do feel nice and safe in it. That's why I keep it. It will be paid off in two years. I'll prob sell it before then though. I like new cars!

Kimberly

christineka

After researching vans and minivans... It would be:
1. Mine dies
2. Baby number 7 is on the way
3. I've got a lot of money sitting in my bank account. (And then only maybe.)

The van isn't the greatest, but it is spacious and fits 8.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
UMMM!!!!! My lease being up. Oh wait that is happening so I will be getting a new vehicle here in the next few months.

This time around I am having to go with what dh wants car wise since this will be his vehicle in 18-24mths. After that I will get to do the picking. He does have my list of requirements that are are not something I will comprmise on (side curtain airbags, lap shoulder belts in all rear seating positions, ESC).

I think he has decided on the new Pontiac G8.

ginny4

we won't be getting a newER van until one of the following happens:
1) our current one dies
2) we got a large bank account to afford it
3) we can no longer safely transport our children in this van (BTW is prolly in about 2years)

emandbri

And finding something we'd fit in that gets better gas mileage. I have an 04 Sienna and I'm tired of it. The gas mileage is horrible- 15 mpg around town.

That is weird. I ave 18.5 which is low compared to what others here have been getting. Have you checked the air in your tires? I was thinking about taking mine in for a tune up to try to see if I can get mine higher. :D

lovinwaves

Honestly, at this point the only reason would be gas prices. My Odyssey pretty much fits the bill, and there is nothing we are lacking.

I have asked DH recently what he thinks about selling it, and downsizing in size to something more fuel efficient. His response, "it is so safe, why sell it?" Can't argue with that, huh? :p

twokidstwodogs

I replaced my last car (seven years old, 120K miles, very good shape) primarily to get these things:
1) side curtain airbags for all rows of passengers
2) automatic transmission
3) lower cargo floor to make it easier for aging pooches to get in.

None of those would have been enough of a reason in itself, but the three of them combined, plus the mileage on the old car, pushed me over the edge. (My commute changed, and I ended up in traffic a lot more, so the auto transmission became a bigger deal.)

Nisha

If Ford came out with something equal to my 2000 windstar with much better fuel mileage, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
(and it wouldn't be hard to talk DH into it because he's obsessed with his fuel mileage!)

Right now, we're on the verge of having it paid off so I have to drive it 'til it drops!

celtic1885

I'm actually going to garage my Expedition and purchase a used Focus from a friend. He's selling it for balance due ($1-1500) it's only got around 35K miles and only used by his wife to drive back and forth to work. Kids will rarely be in it, but it does have latch, airbags etc.
Love my Exp but I drive 26m one way to work and it's killing me in gas.

mamaofthree

That is weird. I ave 18.5 which is low compared to what others here have been getting. Have you checked the air in your tires? I was thinking about taking mine in for a tune up to try to see if I can get mine higher. :D

All my driving is stop and go city miles, I'm sure that is why it is so low. We get great mileage on trips, but we seldom go anywhere. I don't ever drive on the freeway on a day to day basis.

Kimberly

wendy1221

Hmmm, the right bargain I guess. And finding something we'd fit in that gets better gas mileage. I have an 04 Sienna and I'm tired of it. The gas mileage is horrible- 15 mpg around town. I'm tired of driving something so big, even though I do feel nice and safe in it. That's why I keep it. It will be paid off in two years. I'll prob sell it before then though. I like new cars!

Kimberly

That is really weird. We get 21-22 town, 25 on the highway. Mine's an '04 as well.

Marinesfamily5

I want to trade in my truck right now.. but I aited to long and now I am upside down so no new vehicle for me :( I have an 07 Tahoe I now despise. FYI: chevy doen't honor warranties

If I were to win the lottery or something I wouldn't care and the Tahoe would go!
we were going to trade it for an 07 caravan but if money is no object it would be an 08 town and country for us... and a dodge Journey :D for when the kids outgrown carseats.. I hope they make a hybrid journey

Kat_Momof3

if we had the money, I'd trade it in TODAY... I hate having no shoulderbelt (or headrest) in the center of the third row.

I would want an 8 passenger Sienna (prefer hybrid, but they don't have one yet)...

it's the dream vehicle... I love it and want it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC