CARES Harnesses for Car-Seat.org Canadian Members

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've purchased two CARES harnesses for use by Car-Seat.org members. They'll be available to Canadian members, so long as the previous user of the harnesses is done with them. Only a few conditions:
-I'm going to use a $5 contribution for each transaction towards covering the out-of-pocket expense of purchasing the harnesses for the group. The person requesting use of the harnesses can forward that directly to me after each transaction. This isn't a silly rental fee, and there's no limit to how long you can use the harness(es) for.
-Be reasonable/considerate and don't secure the harness(es) more than a month ahead of time.
-You must be willing to forward the harness(es) to the next member and collect reimbursement for shipping directly from that member. Often times this means you'll be making the arrangements with the next user, and just updating me as to the whereabouts of the harness(es).

I haven't really worked out any details on this.. once they've been used a total of 15 times each, we'll have them completely paid off and we can just forward them between members for shipping expense at that point. If they're treated well, this should work out well for everyone. I am *not* making a profit from this, nor do I have any intention to do so.

The harnesses are en route to the first member who needed them for the month of August. I'm not sure when she's done with them exactly, though..late August or early Sept?

PM me or post on this thread with any comments or questions.

-Nicole.

ADS

BudgieStew

I will be the first member here to use them.

The harnesses will be back up for availabilty early maybe mid September at the very latest. But there is a very good possibility that they will available mid August. DH has not decided on how the kids and I are coming back, flying or driving. I'm pushing for driving and he is pushing for flying so in the end which ever is cheapest will win.
As soon as I know for sure I will post here and anyone who is interested can PM me.

Once again Thanks Nicole for doing this:thumbsup:

hipmaman

what a fantastic idea, i will surely be using this service when we take our trip in teh winter :)

For your little one? She is a few wks younger than my 11 mos, isn't it? Too young for the CARES (eventhough she might be in the weight range)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
This is great! Thanks, Nicole!

I've read that Transport Canada has approved Cares and Air Canada has included that information in their manuals, but do we know whether WestJet has acknowledged their use?

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I had no idea a product like this even existed (i just googled it).
sounds like a fantastic alternative to bringing carseats on board the aircraft.

i am moving to canada from the UK in mid september (18th to be exact) and would be interested in using them on board this flight for my 4 year old and 3 year old (will be my then 11 month old on my lap).

would it be possible to take part in this carseat.org scheme, or must i originate the flight from within canada? i understand the shipping of them to the UK would be more costly etc. also if they are allowed to be used on international flights?

if not, i would consider purchasing my own set (although i honestly hope this is my last flight for a LONG time with young children! hate flying).

Thanks for thinking of such a useful service, let me know if it would be available to me to take part in

QuassEE

You should register, so we know how to get ahold of you!

Please check with the airline you'll be using, in order to determine whether or not they permit use of CARES on their flights. That's the starting point :) If you're flying with an American airline, or a Canadian airline they will permit CARES use.

-Nicole.

BudgieStew

HI,

The two CARES Harnesses will be available October 3rd. They will be shipped from Quebec.

To let ones who need to know both homes that it has been stored in are smoke free but my parents do have two cats, but of course the harnesses have been stored away from them.

Just PM me and QuassEE.

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
We might actually be flying in December so I think I might use these. I'll pm Nicole or whoever has them at that time but this is a great idea. Thanks Nicole for doing this :love:

BCsymmes

HI there

We already own a CARES and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. We have been using it for almost 3 years now when we travel in the US. But now we have 2 LO that will need to be safe on the plane, so we are hoping to use on of the members CARES harness for our upcoming trip.

We will need it from Feb 18th to March 10th. We are a smoke free home with an indoor cat.

Not so sure how this all work, but i am excited that we will be able to buckle both the kids into their seat in a safe manor. I know i am to keep track of when the next family after me , and to mail it to them on my return. How do i go about connecting with the family before me?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Just send QuassEE a pm to find out if it is available. She will know who has it and when. I know I have one of them until January sometime but i'm not sure if someone wants it after me or not.

QuassEE

Jewels--that's probably the best match, since it's the one month timeframe. Just PM each other and arrange :)

-Nicole.

PEIMommyof2

My husband will be traveling with DD in early January. Is there a CARES harness available for him to use then? I'm in Prince Edward Island. Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC