Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Ride Safer Vest: old manufacturer date

Hello,

After reading posts here I ordered a Ride Safe travel vest for our upcoming vacation. It arrived and after I opened it I noticed that it was manufactured in March of 2005. This seems like a long time ago for car seat related product and while I know they say it never expires, I still question this.

The guide also has a line crossed out in a warnings section that said to only use it with a lap belt and tether (I think for those under six- my child is five). All cars I see these days have lap and shoulder belts.

also, is it safe to use without the tether if it is a lap/shoulder combo?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Ride Safer Vest: old manufacturer date

I don't know about the age or why it's crossed out in the manual, but you can use it with the lap belt and tether, or the lap and shoulder belt with the tether optional.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

I talked to the manufacturer once and they said they don't expire.

Have no idea about the manual though.
    Proud Mom to David (15), Hannah (14), Emily (13), Stella (9) and Zahari (8)

Senior Community Member

No, they don't expire. I wouldn't be worried about it.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12