lowest price for the Radian?

ADS
U

Unregistered

Unless you're sure it will fit in your car, I highly advise choosing a site without restocking/return fees (i.e. not Babycatalog or AlbeeBaby). I went with Elitecarseats.com, which will price match if you email them before purchasing. Still going to be out the return shipping (could not get a good install in my car with the lap/shoulder belt), but better than shipping plus restocking fee

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yes, I agree completely!

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians trained to install correctly are reporting LOTS of trouble getting the Radian properly installed into various vehicles -- since about 99% of parents think they're using their seats right when in reality about 4 out of 5 carseats can have an average of 3 fatal mistakes, it is not wise to buy this seat without trying it 1st with a CPSTech's help (& having a good return policy from the retailer just in case).Elitecarseats has been very good to me with ordering seats....

U

Unregistered

Already have a rock solid fit with shoulder/lap belt with clip.
Had it checked by a CPS tech. I want to replace my Cosco Summit. The CPS tech said is installed fine but I dont think it is because it still moves about an 1.5'' inches side to side and front to back well, I can move it alot.

What do you all think?

I would like to buy another Raidan.

LuvBug

I personally settle for nothing less than rock solid. The best carseat is one that fits your child, fits your car, and fits your budget. There are so many seats out there that there should be at least 1 you can get a rock solid install with, so that is why I personally settle for nothing less. But the rule is no more than 1".

bake1856

A tech installed mine solid and within a day and maybe two rides it slid side to side way more than an inch. I bought it at Albee baby and because it was a safety issue was issued a full refund. I didn't even ask for return shipping since I felt somewhat responsible.

I wouldn't buy one unless I could use it a few days to see if it worked loose.

Also the first two I got were cracked on the bottom by the levers to fold the seat. I should have taken that as an omen.

Good luck.

karen

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Doesn't sound good at all to me either :eek: :( For the money, the new Fisher Price Safe Voyage Delux is great option & it (along with the Britax Marathon/etc.) have the reputation of installing correctly - easily - in most vehicles :eek:

U

Unregistered

I think the OP is saying the Radian is rock solid, but the Cosco Summit is not and she wants to replace it with another Radian....

U

Unregistered

Have had the Radian for alomost 2 weeks.
No Problems at all, love it! It has not moved since installing, dont need to uninstall it for any reasons. It just been in there.

I was able to get the "rock solid" fit myself, and then I took it to a CPS tech. It however DID not fit in my car that we just sold.. A mitsubishi lancer. The CPS tech could not get it rock soild. But no it my VW EuroVan its awesome and we love it.

Any more comments or questions please let me know.

bake1856

If it stays tight then Albee Baby has it for $179 with free shipping. I had an excellent experience with them and their customer service.

U

Unregistered

New here I recently was on the lookout for a 5pt harnessed carseat for my 29lb 39 inch daughter who had outgrown her convertable. I narrowed my choices down to the britax Marathon and the Sunshine Kids Radian Car Seat. We tried both in my car and the Marathon just didn't fit as secure and my DD really fussed and undid the harness pretty fast. Anyways we've had the Sunshine Kids Radian Car Seat installed now since February and no problems its rock solid. I also got it for $100 flat (it was listed at $199 I think) pretty cool.

DK

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC