Is 70.00 alot for a graco Safeseat that is 2 years old?

Our babies r us has one in box for 89.90 and then 10% off of that they said they would give me since it has been sitting there for 2 months with no one buying it, then I have a coupon for 10.00 off.

Is that too much for a safeseat already 2 years old? I would love it for my daycare kids(i have 2 babies that could use it) or should I just get another scenera?
The one baby is 3 1/2 months old, the other one would be 3 1/2 months old when they would start using it(the other baby would be 9 months by then)

ADS

emandbri

sounds like a good price to me. I was going to try to sell mine for $70 maybe I should ask less! ;)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
A 2 year old seat in terms of DOM at BRU seems a tad unusual with the likely inventory turnover rate there, KWIM? It's sealed in the box with no sign of it being a return or display model, right? If so, it's a pretty good price since it's about half of the original MSRP with 4 years (2/3) of its useful life remaining. :twocents:

tl01

Seems like a pretty good deal... though for me it would depend upon which cover it is.

Splash

The LatchLoc I bought from them was about 18 months old, full price. If this is brand new, go for it. After four years, a car seat is gonna be grubby and boring anyway, especially a baby basket.

Mommy2Marcus

I would buy it! That is a good price IMHO for a brand new seat, exspecially a SS1! So as long as it is not a return or diplay then I would get it. If you figure that most 22lb infant seats run that or more & you will get a longer use out of it, then I think it is a good deal!

Ok, so I went last night to go check it out again! LOL! And the box wasn't sealed adn the plastic was gone from it and one of the cards on it(warranty card). I am guessing it was a return. I guess I am going to pass. :-( Darn, though then it could of been a good deal.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Aww, bummer. Maybe you could check out your local Targets, if you haven't already done so, for a marked down seat that would suit your needs? ETA: D'uh, I see you posted about going to Target in another thread. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC