How did you wash YOUR Regent cover?

Mama!

Ours is about to get its first real washing and I need to know how you washed yours? Any tips? How long will it take to dry?

ADS

amy919

I put mine in the washinn machine in cold water on the gentle cycle, then in the dyer on air only for about 15 minutes. That sucker is heavy coming out of the machine! After 15 minutes in the dryer, I laid out to dry overnight. It was good to go in the morning.

valleyfam

Just did this 2 weeks ago. I put cool water in the tub with just a little Dawn dish liquid and washed with a washcloth. Hung in to dry. I took a full day to dry but I didn't put it outside or in front of a fan. I just wiped the straps good with a wash cloth. Looks great!

wendy1221

i wash in the washer on gentle w/ or regular laundry soap/detergent (Trader Joe's natural unscented laundry powder or All Free and Clear.) You can't wash the straps in the washer, though! You have to handwash those, and it's best to do it w/out soap. If they get puke on them, I lay them out on the patio and spray them w/ the hose while stepping on the end w/ one foot. That works very well. A lot of people will tell you you shouldn't even get them that wet, but I'm comfy w/ it since at least there's no soap or agitation. ;)

NVMBR02

I put it in washing machine on handwash (front loader) and layed it flat to dry (i think it took about 1 day to dry)

ginny4

washed in front loader on "hand wash cycle" & hung over line outside it took a number of hours. not sure how long.

lovinmyfamily

It's good to read that some of you did try to wash it in the machine. Both of our Regents need to be washed badly. Our machine has a handwash cycle so I think that's what I'll try.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC