In Search Of Graco nautilus

emars002

DD1 will start before and after school care on Aug 11 - they only provide boosters and she doesn't even weigh enough to fit in one - they said they would use a seat I provide and it will stay installed in their van - if anyone has one they are tyring to sell i would love to not buy a brand spaking new one for daycare. thanks:)

ADS

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I don't have a Nautilus, but maybe check at Target for a clearanced Cargo? Since she's such a feather weight, she could probably get a good amount of use out if it unless she's too tall?

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I second the cargo if you can get one for cheap. The twins I used to babysit were small like your daughter and they fit in their cargos at least until they were 6 1/2. This was around Christmas, the last time I saw them, but I can't imagine that they've outgrown them because they had lots of growing room at the time and at only 35 lbs and 36 lbs. They turned 7 in May. I would imagine that they'll fit for another year.

BW1426

I was thinking about the cargo too, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the Nautilus.

Mainly because she will most likely be able to buckle and unbuckle herself so you can tighten to the right setting and teach her how to use it correctly. With her very possibly being the only one in a harness I'd want to make it as easy as possible to use properly.

But, the cargo comes in rear adjust and in this situation, I'd be tempted to get a rear adjust and set it to where it needs to be so there's no worry of the harness being too loose.

emars002

I was thinking about the cargo too, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the Nautilus.

Mainly because she will most likely be able to buckle and unbuckle herself so you can tighten to the right setting and teach her how to use it correctly. With her very possibly being the only one in a harness I'd want to make it as easy as possible to use properly.

But, the cargo comes in rear adjust and in this situation, I'd be tempted to get a rear adjust and set it to where it needs to be so there's no worry of the harness being too loose.

hmmm, now i'm not sure - i am pretty sure she will be the only harnessed child - they seemed a little surprised i wouldn't put her in a booster - I was originally thinking the nautilus b/c it looks a little more like a "big kid" seat - she has never had to ride with other kids - and she knows her straps should not be loose, but they don't have to listen to a 5 yr old and i am liking the idea of the cargo where i just adjust it to her, install it and they have no choice but to buckle her in with the harness adjusted properly. the only other thing i am thinking now is her kindergarten in maybe 2 miles from the daycare - i wonder with the nautilus if they would be tempted to use it as a booster instead and just sit her on top of the straps and use the seatbelt - i guess they couldn't if i install it first....

Kat_Momof3

the cargo would also be narrower... easier to fit between two boosters.

I wonder how easily the Nautilus would fit with other seats in that van.

I am getting my 30 pound, 37 inch son an evenflo chase or graco cargo for car pooling purposes. Luckily though she is a carseat nut like me. And once he outgrows that-she has a Britax parkway, that I would be ok for him to be in, because he will probally be 4 1/2 or 5 when he reaches 40 pounds.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
the cargo would also be narrower... easier to fit between two boosters.

I wonder how easily the Nautilus would fit with other seats in that van.

If it's a 12 or 15 passenger van, the Nautilus would fit fine between two boosters. I actually just had that combo in a 12 passenger a few weeks ago.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC