fpsv

kate4478

does anyone have problems with there fpsv cover staying on? i finally convinced my sis that this was the seat to get for my dn. her other 2 kiddos have MA's but she couldn't afford a 3rd ma. now everytime i see her she mentions how much she hates the seat. it's seems to loosen up over time which the 2 of MA's in her truck don't. and to top it off the top of the cover is constently slipping off. almost like the cover is too small. so when she puts dn in his seat the cover falls down and the strap holes are way off! she has to almost hold the top of the cover to put him in. anyways....just wondering if anyone else having these problems.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I have not heard of anyone having these issues. I think if she is having that much of an issue with the seat she should call Britax & complain!

rosey2007

I own a FPSV and love this car seat. I have not had any problems with the cover at all. I am sure if she called Britax that they would make it right. To be honest I like my FPSV more the the Regent that I have.

kate4478

i just wanted to give an update....
I called britax to see what they could do about my sisters seat, they are going to send her a new replacement cover but we have to send the old one back(which is very understandable) But, it did take me an act of congress to convince her the cover was was not right. she tried to tell me that it might have been the way we are placing him in the seat that's making the cover fall off! come on woman. i had to argue with her that that was not the case. it only doesn't that one that one seat, not the other 2 she has. anyway, she also said the seat is going to loosen up over time and we just have to keep tightening it up. so i guess i'm happy with the end results, but debra was sure rude on the phone to me. i hope i never get her again.

Simplysomething

the FPSVD?

I have two. The red one, lives in my car, cover stays on fine. The black one, lives in my moms car, does not. It's always popping off at the top. I never have done anything about it.

NOAHSMOM

I had two of these seats, both with the black cover. One stayed on and the other totally would not (and it was also piling terribly). I called Britax and after about a month of calling they sent me two new black covers. I only used one of the new covers and it always stayed on perfectly. This took place last summer, so I'm not sure if Britax has any covers left at this point, but it doesn't hurt to call.

capeKO71

it's seems to loosen up over time

Just wondering how it's loosening up. I know there are no lockoffs in the FP version... but is she locking out her belt? Is she using latch? if she's using latch and it's loosening, she might want to try seatbelt install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC