Question MA did I make a smart choice?

U

Unregistered

Before my daughter became a poster parents, her and her husband were going to adopt. Since my almost 20 year old would have been taking the baby places she insisted on the Boulevard as she wanted Side Impact. I agreeded and purchased on for her and me to share.

Since the adoption didn't go through and my daughter and her husband became foster parents to 2 little boys, I knew I would eventually have to get another car seat for us to share (almost 20 year old and me). One of the little boys is 18 1/2 months, 28 pounds and approx 28 inches tall. We currently use the Boulevard for him and his little brother who is 6 months old, not quite 14 pounds and approx 23 inches tall use my daughters Evenflo infant carrier/car seat.

I really need to switch the boys around and put them in differant car seats as I really dislike how the Evenflo hooks in our vehicles. I am uncomfortable using it and I know DD is also. Since the baby is such a small baby, I am going to start putting him in the Boulevard rear facing and found the MA at my local Target on clearance for $188.95 which I know is great price. I only want to get 1 seat but didn't know if I did the right thing by purchasing a MA instead of just paying the extra and getting a Frontier which the oldest would be able to use longer (if he is still here).

Did I do good???

ADS

Connor's Mom

I think that you made a fine choice. The Frontier is a FF only seat and if you are interested in keeping the oldest child RF you can still do that because the Marathon has a 33 pound RF limit (35 if you where lucky enough to get a newer one). You will get plent of use out of the Marathon still.
Plus, if you where to foster other children that would need a RFing seat you would have one. :thumbsup:

U

Unregistered

Thanks. I was hoping I made a smart choice. I know my almost 20 year old wanted me to get another Boulevard but for the price, I just couldn't justify it.

U

Unregistered

Just wanted to give you all an update on the MA and how it went over. At first my foster grandson did not want to sit in his new carseat. He wanted the Boulevard and when I told him that the MA was his new car seat and the other one was for his brother. It took awhile for him to understand that his baby brother would be sitting right next to him but he finally got in the MA and looked so darn proud in it. His baby brother fussed and cried quite a bit at fist but soon I heard SHHH, go! SHHHH go! He kept trying to tell his brother he had to be quiet for we could go to gma's farm. MA was finally a hit.

Sorry no photos as I have to be careful of posting their photos.

I feel good knowing both little guys are as safe as I can possibly make them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC