What to get, what to get??

U

Unregistered

I need some help on deciding which carseats to get. My choices are the GN or the Monterey. If i give dd a choice, she will pick the Monterey b/c of the pink cover and b/c it uses a regular seatbelt. BUT, dd is only 46" tall and roughly 45lbs. She's turning 7yo in Sept. Dh says that he thinks she's ready to use a booster seat so he's fine with buying a Monterey.

What to do?? I do want her in a 5pt. for as long as possible. How many more years do you think she would continue fitting in the 5pt harness on the GN?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
At her age and size I would be 100% comfortable with getting a good dedicated booster seat for her like the Monterey provided she can sit properly in position the whole trip every trip.

Have you sat her in a Nautilus to see how much growing room she'd have in the harness? It may not make it worth buying for her at her age anyways. If we were talking about a 4yr old kid, 1" growing room would be worth it, but at 7yrs old I really think she's safe in a correctly used booster and wouldn't feel guilty about putting her in one at all.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Both are good seats. I would measure her torso or sit her in the Nautilus and see how much room she has. I agree that at almost 7, I would be comfortable with her in a dedicated booster. Assuming, of course, that she sits properly all the time.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Honestly? If having the seat that makes her happy also encourages her to sit properly, I would absolutely go with the Monterey.

At age 7, she should be able to sit properly at all times. I would feel comfortable going with a good booster. The Monterey is a great booster and will hopefully help her feel good about her seat since she likes the way it looks. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC