• French Roast

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Ionic

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Save the cash and keep the cover you have

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Splash

So, we're either a) ordering a new harness system and cover for the seat we have, or b) getting a new seat. Haven't decided yet. :whistle:

I like the Nectar best, as does AJ. She doesn't care if the seat matches her interior or the other seats in the car... I care, but she doesn't understand why anyone would really care about whether or not seats match.

So, of the following seats, which do you prefer? It can't be a plush cover, that would be WAY too hot in the summer.

Nectar

Soho

Laguna

French Roast

Ionic

Ya know... I don't really even like French Roast. Don't know why I put it in there. Well, I do like it, in person. Online it kinda sucks, though.

I am torn between nectar and soho. Both are very cool...

I'm ordering just the cover. No sun shade (it comes off all the time, anyway), no head hugger, no boot...

We currently have Pierson, which was the first one to come out and I actually like. Almost identical to Ionic, but the blue parts are red instead. I'm fine with just using that again, she insists we have a new cover. Pregnant women are weird.

ADS

BW1426

My only concern would be with how people talk about the metallic like SS covers turning their babies into sweat machines.

The nectar, ionic and laguna all look metallic to me.

HEVY

I loved the nector, that is my choice if ever.......It was the softest and smoothest out of all the seats. It feels almost like Jersey cotton, I think it would keep a baby cool. Wanted to add even though the other seats seem to have the same material it felt totally different, the others were a bit harsh.

natysr

I like soho and Ionic. Since I could only vote for 1, I chose Soho, since it fits my mood right now.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I voted Soho - it's not my typical choice of colors, but I really love it on the SS1 and it has harness covers.

You're right, the French Roast cover is SOOOO much nicer IRL. The only reason I didn't pick it is because it doesn't have the harness covers. That's the one thing I really wish my SS1 would've had so of course I took the liberty of voting for a cover that would have them. ;) :whistle:

Splash

I wouldn't buy them anyway, and I don't know if they come with just the cover. I almost never use them, and I have so darn many strap covers laying around from so many seats, I really don't care if they match. And no, I also don't think there is anything wrong with using any strap covers on any seat, provided they don't pinch the harness together.

lilysmomma

I voted Laguna. I didn't really like it online, but a friend of mine just got one and it's really nice in IRL.

Maggie

I say a big fat NO to Ionic or other like material covers. We have Ionic and DD2 is sweating her freaking butt off in it this summer. It's awful. We have rear A/C in the van and she's still soaked when I get her out of it.

Living in Florida, I'd steer clear of the metallic type covers like the Ionic.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Soho. My SIL just bought that one for her new baby and I :love: it. It's much better in person than in the pics.

jsta1005

I chose Laguna! I love that cover! Are you going to get a double stroller too though? I just got the SS1 in French Roast and I love it. I would have chosen something else but the new Quattro Tour Duo only comes in a few patterns. And I have looked at the seats with the velour on them and they seem like they would get so hot and be so hard to clean.

U

Unregistered1

Based on color alone, I like the Laguna too. So different. And bright!

Kat_Momof3

Ionic is pretty metallic.. I'd rule it out.

Nectar is more smooth... but still... knowing Charlie and his skin issues (even though they are from the donor), I'd be scared to try anything other than a breathable cover.

Soho looks softer and more breathable... but I'd want to be SURE

I LOVE laguna green... but same concern as the Soho

Now, for French Roast, it's a little velvety on spots, so that can heat some babies up, but it's not metallic at all... and one of my favorite patterns.

but... though you haven't listed it... I'd get THIS ONE or THIS ONE- because it has a body support just like the Keyfit does.

Splash

I hadn't thought of that with the metallic covers. So should I go with the plush ons instead?

No, we're not getting a double stroller. I have an E3 if we need it, but Charlie prefers to walk and I prefer to carry or sling the baby. We'd only use a stroller on outings, and we already have the double kit for the E3, so we'll just stick to that one.

I guess nectar, then, if it's not the metallic material. Or Eclipse, which is plush and has the infant support.

wendy1221

I voted for French Roast b/c I thought the pic looked pretty. It loks like chocolate brown, caramel, and light green on my monitor in the pic you linked, which I htought was very nice. But since you said it was ugly, I looked it up on the net, and there's no green? Weird. I like the soho best. I don't like orange or melon AT ALL, so of course I don't like your #1 pick. ;)

I really like the Milan, though, but it's one of the more expensive ones. http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pr...F12MIN3&productID=1442&CategoryID=1&subCatID=

Splash

I like Milan, but it's a SR cover, and I need an SS1. The choices are way better than when I bought my first one (there were two at the most then!) but still not as expansive as the SR.

wendy1221

Duh! i see that now! I was looking at all the covers and I was trying to make sure I was only looking at the SS's, but I gues there were too many infant seats and my eyes glazed over and I quit looking at which seat it was. ROFL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC