Question Marathon in Jessica?

xxluckychicxx

I was browsing my local baby boutique and ran across a Marathon in the Jessica print... I thought the RA was the only seat that came in that print :confused:. It was also missing the HUGS. I thought at 1st that it was a RA (it was way up high and I'm half-way blind) but I checked and the sticker on the base said "Marathon". I also noticed that they all said RFing to 33lbs but I asked the manufacture dates and they said that they were all manufactured in '08. When did Britax make them RFing till 35lbs? I'm wanting to buy a seat from this place because they have a lay-away deal that you can pay off over a 90 day period of time, but I'm not sure that I trust them now. ???

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The switch to 35 pounds came in mid February. So it's possible that there's an '08 with a 33 pound limit.

I don't know the covers enough to tell you when each came out. However, the HUGS missing is a BIG red light for me. It's not so much that you can't get new ones, but where did the old ones go? Why are they not on there? Check the pouch with the seat, see if they're there, and if they are then great. Otherwise I'd ask a bit more about the seat's history.

I'd be wary of buying a floor model seat anyway. You don't know if they've been dropped or poorly handled.

Wendy

xxluckychicxx

However, the HUGS missing is a BIG red light for me. It's not so much that you can't get new ones, but where did the old ones go? Why are they not on there? Check the pouch with the seat, see if they're there, and if they are then great. Otherwise I'd ask a bit more about the seat's history.

I'd be wary of buying a floor model seat anyway. You don't know if they've been dropped or poorly handled.

Wendy

Yeah, all of their seats were floor seats. They all had the plastic over them to protect the covers but nothing else. My 1st question was "How old are these seats" and the guy got pretty snippy and said "All of our seats are new." Then I specifically asked for manufacture dates and he just said that
they were all in '08. They said that they could special order any print I wanted, but I'm a little leary now.

BW1426

The sticker with the DOM should be on the right side up near the top under the lip. That way you can look and see exactly what the DOM is.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I thought at 1st that it was a RA (it was way up high and I'm half-way blind) but I checked and the sticker on the base said "Marathon".

Was this an actual Britax sticker that said "Marathon" or was it a store sticker? If it was a store sticker, I seriously doubt that it was a MA, as I've never heard of a Jessica MA (if there was one, I would have it for my DD). The lack of HUGS also makes me think it's a RA, since they don't have HUGS.

A good way to check for sure is to count the number of harness slots - 3 sets of slots = Roundabout, 4 sets of slots = Marathon.

xxluckychicxx

Was this an actual Britax sticker that said "Marathon" or was it a store sticker? If it was a store sticker, I seriously doubt that it was a MA, as I've never heard of a Jessica MA (if there was one, I would have it for my DD). The lack of HUGS also makes me think it's a RA, since they don't have HUGS.

A good way to check for sure is to count the number of harness slots - 3 sets of slots = Roundabout, 4 sets of slots = Marathon.

It was an actual Britax sticker. I wish I would of thought to count the slots... I'll go do that Monday while my DS is at his "school". But it was right next to a Marathon and looked the exact same. They also had another RA in Jessica and I compared them for a while and they looked different in size. Even though I'm not totally up to par with Britax prints I still thought it was odd because I had never seen a Marathon in Jessica.

amyg530

also look at what the cover says b/c dont the covers say what seat they are for. maybe they crammed a RA cover onto a MA?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My only other guess would be that the Jessica Marathon they have was a prototype, but I doubt a store would have a prototype. :confused:

The lack of HUGS is concerning too.

xxluckychicxx

*Update* I went back to the baby boutique today and and the Jessica MA was gone. :mad: The owned said that she had sold it yesterday along with the cowmoo that I wanted. Anyhoo, I asked her if it was indeed a MA and she said that it was so I asked where she got it because I had never heard of a Jessica MA, only the RAs. Supposedly she "special ordered" it from Britax... :rolleyes: Sounds a little fishy to me. I also asked about the lack of HUGS. Her response: "Oh some models come without those." :eek: Needless to say I wont be buying from them. :thumbsdown:

kate4478

*Update* I went back to the baby boutique today and and the Jessica MA was gone. :mad: The owned said that she had sold it yesterday along with the cowmoo that I wanted. Anyhoo, I asked her if it was indeed a MA and she said that it was so I asked where she got it because I had never heard of a Jessica MA, only the RAs. Supposedly she "special ordered" it from Britax... :rolleyes: Sounds a little fishy to me. I also asked about the lack of HUGS. Her response: "Oh some models come without those." :eek: Needless to say I wont be buying from them. :thumbsdown:

thanks for the update! i was wondering if it was real.

on a different note.....what ss1 cover is that? it's soooooo pretty and PINK!

xxluckychicxx

thanks for the update! i was wondering if it was real.

on a different note.....what ss1 cover is that? it's soooooo pretty and PINK!

its called Casey. I absolutely adore it!!! its hot pink, light pink, and has a little orange. it has polka dots all down the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC