Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Which to use with Ford Aerostar?

We are looking for a new car seat for my 4 month old. We tried the Alpha Omega, but it doesn't fit in my van. I have the bucket seats in the middle row, so the Alpha needed to recline too much to fit behind the drivers seat. So I need something smaller. Any suggestions? I only have one door so I have to put the seat behind the driver because otherwise my other two daughters wouldn't be able to get unless they got in by the front.

Thanks girls.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Try the Scenera. Honestly I like it better than the Alpha Omega and it's much, much cheaper. Many kids outgrow the Alpha Omega by height long before they are ready to move into a booster anyway.
    ~Mel, Ex-CPST, Triathlete & Mom of 5ReiKids + 1E!!!

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar
    Ditto. The Scenera should fit much better. The AO might work if you remove the base (perfectly acceptable to do), but the top slots aren't any taller than the Scenera's top slots (so it will be outgrown by height at the same time, when shoulders go above top slots) and most kids outgrow these seats before 40 pounds and need another harnessed seat before they can safely move to a booster. Also, booster mode on the AO sucks. So, you're paying lots more for the AO (compared to the Scenera) and aren't really getting anything extra, except maybe padding.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Just answered this thread in the other forum -- Scenera
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}