Question If Admin doesn't respond who else can i contact?

indigoblossom

i lost my carseat swap access because my subscription expired. i'm sort of irked because i now need 50 reputation points to regain that access without "subscribing" again - and i'm not opposed to paying for that access i just don't have any pp right now - and the reputation requirement was not that high when i joined. i have met the other two requirements (number of posts and length of membership) and i have successfully engaged in several swaps and transactions on the board but now i cannot even edit or reply to my own posts in the carseat swap forum. i am having to answer individual PMs in order to let people know that certain things have sold or are no longer available. this is very frustrating and i'm just wondering who else i might contact re: access since i had several listings that need editing.

if this the wrong place to put this please PM or reply. thanks!

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I'm sure Admin will respond (if it takes a day or two, it's just because he has a family as well as a website), but in the meantime, if there are just a few specific threads that need to be edited, you can use the "report" function to notify the mods in that forum.

UlrikeDG

Also, even if you can't start new threads in the Swap forum, you can still reply to them, so you could just reply to your own thread stating that the items have sold.

celtic1885

Question: will we get some kink of notification when our sub is about to expire? I don't have 50 rep pts either and don't want to lose access due to the new guidlines.

Thanks

Connor's Mom

Question: will we get some kink of notification when our sub is about to expire? I don't have 50 rep pts either and don't want to lose access due to the new guidlines.

Thanks

I thought that even paid peeps lost their access to SWAP and Senior Community under the new guidelines if they didn't have the rep/posts/time on board. :confused:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I thought that even paid peeps lost their access to SWAP and Senior Community under the new guidelines if they didn't have the rep/posts/time on board. :confused:

I'd have to read the new guidelines which I don't have time to do right at the moment, but I believe that SCM cannot be bought at any donation level anymore. Swap I think there is still a donation level for. Don't quote me though, because I didn't have time to double check right now. :eek:

Connor's Mom

I think you have to donate @ least as a benefactor now.

But, even if you donate you will not have access to the Senior Community Forum with out the time/posts/rep. I was also under the impression that people that had access to that area only because the had a paid subscription would have their access removed. IE, you can not buy your way into SCM anymore.

I'd have to read the new guidelines which I don't have time to do right at the moment, but I believe that SCM cannot be bought at any donation level anymore. Swap I think there is still a donation level for. Don't quote me though, because I didn't have time to double check right now. :eek:

Not a big deal Judy. It really is not that big of a deal. I do like the more privacy that the new guidelines provide but as far as SWAP I could care less, lol. If I was going to buy something here I would only do it from someone I "know" and trust anyway. :)

UlrikeDG

But the posts in question are in the Swap forum anyway, so donating will get her access back if that's what she wants. Otherwise, she could earn rep the old fashioned way. ;)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
i lost my carseat swap access because my subscription expired. i'm sort of irked because i now need 50 reputation points to regain that access without "subscribing" again - and i'm not opposed to paying for that access i just don't have any pp right now - and the reputation requirement was not that high when i joined. i have met the other two requirements (number of posts and length of membership) and i have successfully engaged in several swaps and transactions on the board but now i cannot even edit or reply to my own posts in the carseat swap forum. i am having to answer individual PMs in order to let people know that certain things have sold or are no longer available. this is very frustrating and i'm just wondering who else i might contact re: access since i had several listings that need editing.

if this the wrong place to put this please PM or reply. thanks!

My apologies- I am out of town again and hadn't replied to PMs. The only way to regain Carseat Swap access is to meet the requirements for a Senior Community Member, Technician or become a Donor (even at the least expensive 2-month Supporter level at $5).

In the mean time, if you have a post in the Swap forum and would like it marked as sold, please use the Report Post feature and one of the moderators can do that for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, you must now meet all the current requirements for SCM forum access if you had a benefactor/sponsor subscription that expired. The requirements for SCM access have changed over the last few months, as listed in the posts linked above. On the other hand, SCM and swap access was always lost if you didn't renew a subscription and didn't otherwise meet the requirements for SCM/Technician access.

The only exception was for the 30 or so people who were grandfathered into continuing SCM access (and did not otherwise meet the SCM requirements) at the time of one of those changes, at least until their subscription lapsed. Because not everyone checks the Announcements forum, I would be willing to add SCM access for the 30 or so people on my list if they choose to renew within a week or two after their subscription expires. If that applies to you, please send me another PM and I will verify this when I return next week.

indigoblossom

they're grandfathered in unless they allow their subscriptions to lapse (as in the case of the OP).

this whole thing is confusing.

i meet all the requirements except having 50 rep pts. so it wouldn't have mattered if i'd repaid my subscription and been grandfathered in or not because i'd still have swap access, if i renewed now and i wasn't really interested in the rest of benefits or access that comes with a SCM. not even sure i qualified for that, i was donating at the lowest level.

the thing is, is you didn't need that many rep pts. when i joined (and i obviously didn't pay attention to the changes because i wasn't really posting in many of the forums here). i only got the email notification two days before my subscription lapsed and i didn't log on and check to see what day it would actually be, so again, i am at fault for not renewing in time but i had no idea i had to renew in time to be grandfathered into anything. i'll have to go back and read the new guidelines again because i am really confused. i know, i already said that. lol!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
this whole thing is confusing.

i meet all the requirements except having 50 rep pts. so it wouldn't have mattered if i'd repaid my subscription and been grandfathered in or not because i'd still have swap access, if i renewed now and i wasn't really interested in the rest of benefits or access that comes with a SCM. not even sure i qualified for that, i was donating at the lowest level.

the thing is, is you didn't need that many rep pts. when i joined (and i obviously didn't pay attention to the changes because i wasn't really posting in many of the forums here). i only got the email notification two days before my subscription lapsed and i didn't log on and check to see what day it would actually be, so again, i am at fault for not renewing in time but i had no idea i had to renew in time to be grandfathered into anything. i'll have to go back and read the new guidelines again because i am really confused. i know, i already said that. lol!

The confusion is probably because there are two separate issues.

I checked your account. You were not among those Benefactors and Sponsors "grandfathered" into senior community member access, as your subscription was at the supporter level. Because of this, you will have to meet the general requirements for this usergroup if you wish to access Carseat Swap this way.

The supporter subscription like the one you had still includes Swap access. So, if you renew at this level at any time, whether your subscription expired or not, you will get Swap posting access again.

The third option for changing your old swap posts is to flag them with the Report Post feature and one of the moderators can update your posts.

Unfortunately, thresholds for access to various usergroups are always subject to change. In particular, the requirements for the Senior Community Member and Carseat Guru usergroups have changed at least a few times over the years and some users were grandfathered into these groups at each change. The most recent changes were primarily due to privacy concerns.

While it is possible these requirements will change again in the future, I believe the current levels will probably remain for some time unless there is widespread abuse of the reputation system or inflating post counts.

indigoblossom

The confusion is probably because there are two separate issues.

I checked your account. You were not among those Benefactors and Sponsors "grandfathered" into senior community member access, as your subscription was at the supporter level. Because of this, you will have to meet the general requirements for this usergroup if you wish to access Carseat Swap this way.

The supporter subscription like the one you had still includes Swap access. So, if you renew at this level at any time, whether your subscription expired or not, you will get Swap posting access again.

The third option for changing your old swap posts is to flag them with the Report Post feature and one of the moderators can update your posts.

Unfortunately, thresholds for access to various usergroups are always subject to change. In particular, the requirements for the Senior Community Member and Carseat Guru usergroups have changed at least a few times over the years and some users were grandfathered into these groups at each change. The most recent changes were primarily due to privacy concerns.

While it is possible these requirements will change again in the future, I believe the current levels will probably remain for some time unless there is widespread abuse of the reputation system or inflating post counts.

thanks for clearing it up. i guess there were two different issues i was confused about but either way, i thought i only had to be a member for six months to have swap access and now i see that it's a year. it is completely possible that it always said that and i either overlooked it or read it wrong.

i will continue to be an active member and may try to earn my way, rightfully into swap again - but i may also become a supporter once again because this site is an invaluable resouce for so many people trying to educate themselves on proper restraint information!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
thanks for clearing it up. i guess there were two different issues i was confused about but either way, i thought i only had to be a member for six months to have swap access and now i see that it's a year. it is completely possible that it always said that and i either overlooked it or read it wrong.

You can still get swap access from the Senior Community Member usergroup at 6 months. What changed is that the requirements on posts and rep were increased somewhat. The requirements drop back to the previous ones after 1 year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC