3 across in a Toyota Rav4???

firemomof3

Has anyone has success with this? I was thinking a flex loc baby seat in the middle with radians on either side??

ADS

all together ooky

Yup, it can be done. Just matters what seats you have. I think that would work with the Radians and flex loc. YOu may have to install them with the seatbelt instead of LATCH though to fit them in.

jlks29

CPS Technician
I'm looking at some Rav4 threads that say that 2 of the rear seatbelts (center and driver's side outboard) overlap in the newer models... how are you guys getting these seats in? Any pics?

itzmeigh

I have a 1998 Rav and had a 2005 Rav and I could get 3 Sceneras across. And I could get 3 Radians across but with the 3 Radians they couldn't all face the same way becasue they they were too wide. I could also get 2 Sceneras and a BLVD or 2 Radians and a BLVD and I'm sure I could get any compination of the Scenera, Radian, BLVD across.

I think that the weird seatbelt thing started in the 2007's but I won't swear to that. It wasn't a problem in my 2005 and I know that since there there have been several body changes to the Rav.

And I did have to do all seatbelt installs to make any 3 across work.

dj06482

Also interested in finding the answer to this, as our '06 RAV4 (first year of the new design) has the overlapping seat belts.

Thanks!

dj06482

Thanks everyone, after seeing how the center seat belt works (along with the lack of LATCH anchors for the center seat), I didn't think it was going to be possible. Toyota really dropped the ball on this one!

Mom to a few

Most vehicles only have LATCH anchors in the two outboard positions, so that doesn't bother me. In those cases, you simple use the seatbelt to install in the center--No big deal.

Too bad that the Rav4's center seatbelt can't be used if the driver's side seat is being used :thumbsdown:. Mainly, I wish the vehicle owner's manual (or salesperson) would let people know that this is only a four-person vehicle (unless you have a 3rd row). To leave people completely in the dark about this is :thumbsdown:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC