Boy do I love my Roundabout...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In my Escape...with two booster age kids in there with it...

I just got done trying to make the Frontier work in there with two Cleks, and IF the seatbelt were better and didn't cut my ds in half http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/Frontier/photo#5210705469580531874 I could put it behind the driver and no problems... but geez, awful belt fit! I tried to put a Clek Oto (Canadian one with no armrests) next to it, but there was really no room :(. I even measured the space for the big kids with the RA and FR installed... 32 inches of space with the FR there, 35 with the RA... (funny how two 12 inch wide boosters can't fit in 32 inches of space, huh? darn buckling issues!). So after wrangling the dang FR around in several spots trying several install methods, I gave up and put the RA in...the usual 30 second install was all it took :love:
Once summer vacation's over and there're barely ever even 2 kids in that car I'll put the FR in there... <sniff...I love it, can't wait to use it>.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
About 15.5. That pic shows my tall 2 yo being about half an inch from the top slots (some kids fit to age 4, I don't think I'll be so lucky!)

TerisBoys

I miss my Roundabout :(

Nevermind that nobody would fit in it (Ry outgrew it heightwise at 3yo/35#)...I miss my Roundabout.

And on a side note - I almost got an Escape last night LOL.

TerisBoys

Believe it or not, before the Marathon came on the scene, the Roundabout was one of the TALLEST seats available! Pre-2002 that was as good as it got. (Touriva was taller, but had not bells and whistles whatsoever)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, that was one of the highest (my almost-as-pricey Evenflo Medallion was 13.5!!!). But that's definitely the reason we don't recommend this seat very often anymore :thumbsup: (I just *had* to have one since I missed having them for my older kids, and the harness adjuster is SOOOOO SMOOOOOOTH...and I got it for $109 on Target clearance, lol).

TerisBoys

Yeah, that was one of the highest (my almost-as-pricey Evenflo Medallion was 13.5!!!). But that's definitely the reason we don't recommend this seat very often anymore :thumbsup: (I just *had* to have one since I missed having them for my older kids, and the harness adjuster is SOOOOO SMOOOOOOTH...and I got it for $109 on Target clearance, lol).

You never had a Roundabout for the other two? *blinks*

I've had a RA, and an Expressway. I'd take either any day of the week over a MA just for the butter smooth harness adjustor.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I know can you believe it!!!??? I had them in the Start and the Medallion when I got addicted to Ivillage, then got an Apollo since it had higher top slots and didn't think I'd RF my 2 yo, then the Marathon came out, so I got that and RF'd Bitsy in it.

brightredmtn

I'm so sad to see my Roundabout go. DS is two and about a 1/2 inch from outgrowing it by RF height but it was a great little seat for us for the year and a half that we used it.

It was a fantastic size for a travel seat, it installed just beautifully in the 20 or so cars I've installed it in (except for the Saturn Vue, that one was a witch with a "b".)

DH really misses the harness adjuster and bigger distance between the back and crotch strap.

Gladly though, our Roundabout isn't going to car seat heaven just yet, it's going to AZGirl and is going to be a tech teaching demo seat!

loufrando

I too have a love affair with my Roundabout. Too bad my dd hit the rf height limit (her head was even with the top of the shell) at 17 months! I was sooo sad to see it relegated to backup seat and now it gets used next to never. :(

Alas, I had to switch to a MA to keep Sam rfing longer. She's still going strong with the extra height room and she's 27 months now. Just goes to show what a drastic difference the bigger/taller shell makes. The adjuster is not even in the same ballpark though. I miss the RA. :crying:

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Holy heck! I didn't realize Leah was so much taller than Taryn! I haven't tried her in a RA recently though, but I would be shocked if she had outgrown it. wow!

emars002

I loved our RA. I just couldn't justify keeping a $200 seat in the closet until DD was FF. So sad......

i loved mine too - but it had to go for the same reason as you - i bought the MA and BLVD to RF longer b/c she was getting too tall for the RA and then i didn't see the point in storing it for 2 years to use FF - i sold them hoping someone else could use them:(

MOM25BOYS

I passed my RA down to one of my daycare kiddo's mom.:) Though lately I have been tempted to steal it back from her since I miss is sorely.:eek: Still has the UNC cover on it and rarely gets rode in.:rolleyes: He is a big boy and I think she prefers the EFTA alot better. Hmm, maybe I can buy it back and she could use the funds towards a new EFTA....:whistle: Sure would be a great spare for the DS4 and 5 to use.:p

lovinwaves

Hmm.. I wonder if my 4 year old can still fit in an RA. I will have to try that out tomorrow.

I still miss my Britax Advantage :crying:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Holy heck! I didn't realize Leah was so much taller than Taryn! I haven't tried her in a RA recently though, but I would be shocked if she had outgrown it. wow!

She's *really* tall! Last time I held a yardstick up to her she was a couple inches taller, lol. (in all 3T/4T clothing, too..)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC